Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,300 Posts
Yeah so since theres sooo many comedians here, with their smart ass comments and opinions about abbreviations and not the tight group of fellow gt500 owners I was hoping for I'm gonna move on....

.to bad that ******s bags like svttttt and SMartinez or RjStevens are permitted to ruin it for everyone else....

Nice job Mods!
As I was reading through the comments in this thread, this one surprised me... it came out of left field. I can only assume you are stressed out by the whole situation. RJStevens, SMartinez and 99% of the others are honestly trying to help you out. They are offering good advice.

I had never done any work like this prior to installing my Whipple on my car. I read everything I could find on the subject and then dove in. I learned a lot in the process and in the end it was a successful mod and I got the satisfaction of having done it myself.

I suggest you put the whole project on hold for a bit and then readdress it later with fresh eyes and a clear mind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
me 12 days later
Yeah so since theres sooo many comedians here, with their smart ass comments and opinions about abbreviations and not the tight group of fellow gt500 owners I was hoping for I'm gonna move on....

.to bad that ******s bags like svttttt and SMartinez or RjStevens are permitted to ruin it for everyone else....

Nice job Mods!
Friend. I'm doing the same build you are and I have always done my own work. I help others in real life with their cars because unfortunately the car repair industry is largely corrupt. Anybody that says different probably owns a shop.

But, I will tell you straight out, its good that shop pulled out on you. Because you will have more satisfaction doing it yourself than you could ever get letting some pretend mechanic do it. The truth is mechanic work is complicated. Folks selling their products on these forums often forget that. Even car dealerships are filled with technicians that only perform work with a picture. I'm not surprised someone could become overwhelmed. So if you've had a bad experience lately I,m sorry and I hope it goes better for us all soon. Fact is... lots of folks are having tough times lately. So take a breath and know your not alone.
By the way if you need help just ask. I will tell you straight answers and I won’t make things seem easier than they really are. OK?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,300 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
@Rjstevens is one of the most kind and light hearted people I know. Not one word from his mouth would be in jest on a subject such as yours.

The guy blew a hole in the side if his new to him 2013, and still had a smile on his face a week later when we were all together.

You're stressed and facing adversity. Give yourself a few days to see the tree through the forest.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey man, if it were me I wouldn't worry about the datalogger unless you really want to set something like that up. You can datalog a number of ways just through a laptop.

We all get frustrated... I actually enjoy working on the cars, it's sort of my zen I guess... keeps me from going COMPLETELY crazy since I'm already pretty crazy. But if you aren't interested in doing it yourself I'm sure you could find someone to do it, as others have said it's just swapping parts.

I made a thread on another forum a long time ago when I did mine... check it out, might help. Goes to another site so if that's not cool mods feel free to remove it and maybe I can recreate it here.

TVS Install

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,085 Posts
Looks like Sn8kbit08 was either too embarrassed after the responses to post #57 or continued in his belief that the members were impolite. Oh well, you can't win em all!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts