Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TVS/EVO Fuel Rail Complete

Well, it's done finally. Not of course, after having to make some slight modifications. otherwise it was a smooth transition. WRT the SC install, simple as pie. :icon7: EVO rails of course was something else. Here's what happened.

After initial install, i didn't like the way the rails were sitting (mainly flowed outward towards the front causing the two injectors to tilt out. To resolve, i had to grind down the two forward mounting brackets (took off about 3mm), reformed them, and installed (pic marked to show new edge location). Perfect. Rails were now straight along the SC, and injectors were at their 90 (straight up and down). Thanks B.B.

The other issue was the pass side rail platform where the stock fuel sender sits. It works for stock applications, but if you've modified (i.e. added a new sender for a fuel pressure gage, time to retool. Since i run the Shelby gage pod, the block manifold and sender wouldn't even work. The forward screw should have been countersunk like the back one. But that wouldn't solve it either (not enough height). The only fix to this would be Fred to make a plate that is like the stock rails (raised higher) to facilitate aftermarket senders giving that clearance back. Since this is screwed to the rail, should be an easy augement. Until that happens or I have a machinist make me a new block manifold, my modified application will have to do for now (amazingly no leaks).
The two allen head plugs are not tight, nor is the fitting connection for the 180* tube. Make sure to tighten before pressurizing system. Luckily for my good engineering skills, i checked first :D After all was done, i pressurized...zero leaks :bananahump-slvrathl

Next was the hood. Unfortuantely, my Proglass hood (sorry Terry) would not accomodate the FFRP CAI, so i had to widen the outer edge of the supply plenum to give enough clearance or the filter. (here that Cal and Kerry). :grinbiginvert: All said and done, it was pretty painstaking except for those issues. Runs great :D Another happy camper! :D
Thanks for the help George and Dave :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Well, i'm almost there :devil: ...Installed the SC, and have the EVO fuel rails in but i've posted a question to BB about something. All went in just fine, with a little help from George. My back is killing me, :rawr: so I'll finish up tomorrow with connections, plugs, TB, CAI, and tune. Then run the beast. :up_to_something:
Now I'm jealous!:ninja: I've been holding off on the TVS till this fall or next year but now you've got all worked up!:cowtounge:

I thought for sure I was going to go with the 3.4 Whipple but have since decided on the TVS.

Now that you've got sperience, let me know when you have time to install mine.:deal:

I smell a road trip:bandit:

Cal

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks great so far... Now hurry up and get'r running... George also helped me out big time... By the way how was the install on the Evo fuel rails.. I've been thinking about switching them .. Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
MPH, You gonna put up some numbers when your done? looks like its going together great, (less that back pain). :cheers:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I'm jealous!:ninja: I've been holding off on the TVS till this fall or next year but now you've got all worked up!:cowtounge:

I thought for sure I was going to go with the 3.4 Whipple but have since decided on the TVS.

Now that you've got sperience, let me know when you have time to install mine.:deal:

Cal
Bring it Cal....i finally got the uper hand :bigthumb:

Looks great so far... Now hurry up and get'r running... George also helped me out big time... By the way how was the install on the Evo fuel rails.. I've been thinking about switching them .. Thanks
Rails were straight forward. can't use four of the injector clips (holds it to the rail) due to the design. Looks like i'm going to hav to shave some material off the forward mount brackets because it's hitting the SC casing and causing the rail to flow outward away from the SC and causing light tilt of the forward injector. Other then that...good.

MPH, You gonna put up some numbers when your done? looks like its going together great, (less that back pain). :cheers:
When i get the new tranny and DS in, i'll be doing dyno...that may be a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Bring it Cal....i finally got the uper hand :bigthumb:

Rails were straight forward. can't use four of the injector clips (holds it to the rail) due to the design. Looks like i'm going to hav to shave some material off the forward mount brackets because it's hitting the SC casing and causing the rail to flow outward away from the SC and causing light tilt of the forward injector. Other then that...good.

When i get the new tranny and DS in, i'll be doing dyno...that may be a few weeks.
Glad it's working out for you Keith sounds like you've got a handle on things.

I find this info about the fuel rail very interesting . Orf thinks he might have a small fuel leak on the front pass side injector. He also has the Evo rails . Maybe his is tilted outward as well .

George...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad it's working out for you Keith sounds like you've got a handle on things.

I find this info about the fuel rail very interesting . Orf thinks he might have a small fuel leak on the front pass side injector. He also has the Evo rails . Maybe his is tilted outward as well .

George...
Could be George. I just don't like it nor get a good feeling about it, gonna do the shaving thing tomorrow, probably take off about an 1/8. Didn't know Orf had these. I also emailed Fred at Evo about it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

Cal
Come on over to Indiana and we'll do it...easy. Took me about 5 hours the first time, could do it in 3-4 now.

P.S. Extra power is calling your name...you're getting verrryyy sleeepy.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Make no mistake, George is an immense help...he helped me a lot too.

If I wore a hat, I'd take it off to George.

:pimp:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Come on over to Indiana and we'll do it...easy. Took me about 5 hours the first time, could do it in 3-4 now.

P.S. Extra power is calling your name...you're getting verrryyy sleeepy.
Some day I just may take you up on that.:roller:

I'm just south of Michigan City, IN. Not too far from you.:)

Cal

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Some day I just may take you up on that.:roller:

I'm just south of Michigan City, IN. Not too far from you.:)

Cal
Wow, cool. We can do it...I have all needed tools unless you want that 2008 harmonic balancer put on...then you'll need to buy/make something special.

Let me know...we can do it.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts