Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I just installed the 2.3 TVS last night... All I can say is wow... Power is unbelievable. I never had wheel hop till last night... When I flashed the car and took her out for a test ride... Oh man, couldn't control it .. ripped thru 1st, 2nd & 3rd without a problem and that's without stage 2,3,or 4..which will be coming in the very near future.. RPM's shot up so fast it was amazing. Instrucitons were very straight forward and detailed. All the original pictures that George and Justin from VMP posted were a great help as well. I also want to give a special thanks to Svtbird91 and Bullittman for their help and advice.. If it wasn't for George taking my call last night I would still be wondering how to take off one of the hoses.lol. Thanks again George and Ron for all of your help..

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
..looks very nice, glad the install went ok.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Cool,glad it went well for you.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Bitchin' :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Good job Lee glad to be some help .....Looks nice with the RED filter on it.:cool: At least you can drive yours being down in Florida , Arrived home in CT last night 18* and we're getting more snow tonight .:mad:
George...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I thought it was bad last night... We were in the 50's lol.:rolleyes: ... Car loved the low temp. and yes the red filter does look good....:cool:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Great job Lees...I can only dream that some day I can afford to do a mod other than the antenna I bought that looks like a lightning bolt (just kidding). :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happy to help Lee. She looks GREAT :)

Ron

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great job Lees...I can only dream that some day I can afford to do a mod other than the antenna I bought that looks like a lightning bolt (just kidding). :D
Or your costume at last years Halloween party :eek:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You've got a lot of room to talk MBA boy.

:cool:
:D

Turned in and gave my "Professional Portfolio" presentation this past Tuesday.

4 more weeks (and a 30 minute full Business Plan presentation) and I'm done!!
:D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Well I just installed the 2.3 TVS last night... All I can say is wow... Power is unbelievable. I never had wheel hop till last night... When I flashed the car and took her out for a test ride... Oh man, couldn't control it .. ripped thru 1st, 2nd & 3rd without a problem and that's without stage 2,3,or 4..which will be coming in the very near future.. RPM's shot up so fast it was amazing. Instrucitons were very straight forward and detailed. All the original pictures that George and Justin from VMP posted were a great help as well. I also want to give a special thanks to Svtbird91 and Bullittman for their help and advice.. If it wasn't for George taking my call last night I would still be wondering how to take off one of the hoses.lol. Thanks again George and Ron for all of your help..
Looks great Lee.:cool: Glad the install went well. What's next?;) :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Harley99fb,
Well at this point I will probably be installing my springs, dampers and Steeda hvy duty upper strut mounts within a week.. Then I will probably upgrade to the 1-pc driveshaft (although I want to make sure I do not get any vibrations over 100) so I'm really not sure which one to go with..I would also like to do a heat exchanger and the coolant expansion tank and the intercooler reservoir from Lethal Performance. Then in about a few more weeks I'll probably head up to VMP to do a stage 3 or 4 depending if Justin has the new Throttle body in and run it on the dyno to see what she's got.. At that point I will be broke and done all at once...:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
" Broke and done at once" Now thats an analogy we can relate to to ! :D ;)

Ron

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lee, looks great, :) how long would you say the Install took you? Can you elaborate more on which hose you were talking about to remove? :cool:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Harley99fb,
Well at this point I will probably be installing my springs, dampers and Steeda hvy duty upper strut mounts within a week.. Then I will probably upgrade to the 1-pc driveshaft (although I want to make sure I do not get any vibrations over 100) so I'm really not sure which one to go with..I would also like to do a heat exchanger and the coolant expansion tank and the intercooler reservoir from Lethal Performance. Then in about a few more weeks I'll probably head up to VMP to do a stage 3 or 4 depending if Justin has the new Throttle body in and run it on the dyno to see what she's got.. At that point I will be broke and done all at once...:)
I also have the expansion tank and intercooler reservoir on order from Lethal. I already have the power steering tank form Canton.

I'm thinking of having them chromed along with the pulley cover from JLT and the GT 500 filter shroud.

I keep saying that's all, but it just never works out that way.:p :rolleyes: :D

Cal

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Lee, looks great, :) how long would you say the Install took you? Can you elaborate more on which hose you were talking about to remove? :cool:
The whole install took about 3 hours + flashing (approx 10 minutes), but I had to go to the auto part store 20 min. and also took a 15 min. phone call in between.. Make sure that you torque every bolt to the FRPP specifications and have thread sealant for the EGM bolts and thread locker also you will need a Nm torque wrench to make things easier if not you will have to do a Google search to convert torque ft lb. to Nm...
The hoses are the brake booster hose and the VMV hose... You need a special tool sold at the auto part store.. It is for removing a/c lines, booster lines, vacuum lines, etc.. This particular hose has a 2-pc plastic clip inside the hose, the tool is all of $6.50 but without it you can not remove it.. The tool slides around the hose and you pull towards you while the clips release.. I had to modify the tool I got but it was an easy 3 minute job... Hope that helps, Lee

1 - 20 of 46 Posts