Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed the Upgrade charger over the weekend (Evo stage 1 tune) and HOLY MOSES, what a wakeup call:eek: I'm a class 1 shade tree mechanic....That's low level for you techno guys, and it was a snap. The instructions are very precise with good pics,it's just amazing how easy these cars are to work on) :) I was unsure of the value of this unit over the evo stage 2, but it has amazing torque.....almost undriveable on the street. Thanks to Fred at Evo for a great setup! I'll throw up a couple pics after I downsize them. "A lot of power is just right......TOO much is PERFECT"

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Damn it.... That's what I am getting ready to do... And you killing me with no pics yet... Come on man, I've got no patience...lol

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I just installed the Upgrade charger over the weekend (Evo stage 1 tune) and HOLY MOSES, what a wakeup call:eek: I'm a class 1 shade tree mechanic....That's low level for you techno guys, and it was a snap. The instructions are very precise with good pics,it's just amazing how easy these cars are to work on) :) I was unsure of the value of this unit over the evo stage 2, but it has amazing torque.....almost undriveable on the street. Thanks to Fred at Evo for a great setup! I'll throw up a couple pics after I downsize them. "A lot of power is just right......TOO much is PERFECT"

Cool,glad you are happy.I might have to try this one day:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Way to go Bullittman your not kidding about the almost undriveable on the street part. Especially in the cold weather with the stock tires. Like ice skating ....the tires are useless.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
315 Posts
That's sweet.

Glad to hear you like it. You guys are making my SS package decision alot easier for me!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That's sweet.

Glad to hear you like it. You guys are making my SS package decision alot easier for me!
Have they started doing the SS packages yet ? The only thing I have seen done is the 40th packages. The 07 cars are going to be at least 2 years old by the time they get it done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! who'd a believed we could buy cars like this these days and do the things to them so easy? I'm gonna go over in the corner and pinch myself! :p

·
Registered
315 Posts
Have they started doing the SS packages yet ? The only thing I have seen done is the 40th packages. The 07 cars are going to be at least 2 years old by the time they get it done.
As far as I know, They have completed 2 SS's besides the original prototypes and should be ramping up conversions in the next week or two. They were trying to finish the SGT's so they could free up more lifts.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
As far as I know, They have completed 2 SS's besides the original prototypes and should be ramping up conversions in the next week or two. They were trying to finish the SGT's so they could free up more lifts.
Somehow I find that hard to believe.(not you but them) Tasca hasn't done any yet and they don't do SGT's. I wonder if they are having 2nd thoughts on using the KB for the 725 package. I know I wouldn't if I were them.They should just use the TVS for both . It would save them and the consumer alot of problems and money. IMO

·
Registered
315 Posts
Somehow I find that hard to believe.(not you but them) Tasca hasn't done any yet and they don't do SGT's. I wonder if they are having 2nd thoughts on using the KB for the 725 package. I know I wouldn't if I were them.They should just use the TVS for both . It would save them and the consumer alot of problems and money. IMO

I agree. I don't know what's going on with them and haven't had any type of official updates for over 2 months. They have 10 grand of mine since August and I'm starting to get impatient with no information coming my way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't done a TVS upgrade, but I did complete a KenneBell Stage III upgrade in my garage this past weekend. Like the Op indicated, working on these cars is easy. I've done several blwoer swaps on Lightnings and '03-'04 Cobras and the GT500 just seemed much easier to work around. Took about 6 hours start to finish. I can't speak for the TVS, but the power difference and SOTP feel of the car is night and day, and that's with only 12lbs of boost.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I agree. I don't know what's going on with them and haven't had any type of official updates for over 2 months. They have 10 grand of mine since August and I'm starting to get impatient with no information coming my way.
But if you bring that up on the "other site" you'll get flamed till next week!

Quite a shame really. I can understand (barely) if they're having issues getting production up and going as quickly as they hoped. It sucks - but stuff like that happens

The lack of communications (echoed by dozens on the "other site") about what the heck is going on is just BS!! Especially as they earn interest on the hundreds upon hundreds of people who put $10G's down without the car even finalized.

Wrong. Just wrong.

And, as SVTbird said... 2 years+++ for 07's before they're SS'd. If anyone thinks "S" will catch up on this I've got some premium acreage in MN that, I swear, has beachfront property on the Atlantic Ocean.

But it IS a "S" product.... you know you can't ever say anything bad about it!!!

:D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'd be better off not commenting here....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Come on... you're free over here.

Let loose brother Bill.

The truth shal set you free!!

Okay, Joker was an idiot for giving Shelby $10,000.

Joker...Joe made me say it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
But if you bring that up on the "other site" you'll get flamed till next week!

Quite a shame really. I can understand (barely) if they're having issues getting production up and going as quickly as they hoped. It sucks - but stuff like that happens

The lack of communications (echoed by dozens on the "other site") about what the heck is going on is just BS!! Especially as they earn interest on the hundreds upon hundreds of people who put $10G's down without the car even finalized.

Wrong. Just wrong.

And, as SVTbird said... 2 years+++ for 07's before they're SS'd. If anyone thinks "S" will catch up on this I've got some premium acreage in MN that, I swear, has beachfront property on the Atlantic Ocean.

But it IS a "S" product.... you know you can't ever say anything bad about it!!!

:D
I hear you Joe. By the way Bullitman

I haven't tried to even make contct with them and that's my fault, but in all honesty, I feel that with my money in their hands they should be keeping me informed on what is going on. I'm a pretty low number at 08SS0067 and I have no idea when it's going to happen. I for one hate excusses and I really don't want to hear them when I could have been making some money in intrest on my money and not them for the last 6 months.

Do I think that Shelby is the end all be all. No! But I love the looks of the package and the mods that they have for it. I want 600-650 RWHP and the TVS should get me there no problem. Nothing against anyone that has the KB as I think it's an awesome blower. I'm just not personally comfortable with the boost-a-pump set-up. If your overvolting something, it's going to fail sooner rather then later. It's the nature of electronics. It may last a few years or not. 15+ grand for a new motor is not in my budget.

As for the other site and them not listening or whatever. So be it. It's my freaking money that they have not theirs! I'm not in a super hurry to have it done as I have only had my car for a whole week on Thursday
But the lack of information and only getting 2 updates in 6 months is just simply not acceptable IMHO.

Okay, Joker was an idiot for giving Shelby $10,000.

Joker...Joe made me say it.
Thanks for your candid opinion of me. Now

:D I can definately see how people would think that anyone is an idiot at this point that put money down with them.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I hear you Joe. By the way Bullitman

I haven't tried to even make contct with them and that's my fault, but in all honesty, I feel that with my money in their hands they should be keeping me informed on what is going on. I'm a pretty low number at 08SS0067 and I have no idea when it's going to happen. I for one hate excusses and I really don't want to hear them when I could have been making some money in intrest on my money and not them for the last 6 months.

Do I think that Shelby is the end all be all. No! But I love the looks of the package and the mods that they have for it. I want 600-650 RWHP and the TVS should get me there no problem. Nothing against anyone that has the KB as I think it's an awesome blower. I'm just not personally comfortable with the boost-a-pump set-up. If your overvolting something, it's going to fail sooner rather then later. It's the nature of electronics. It may last a few years or not. 15+ grand for a new motor is not in my budget.

As for the other site and them not listening or whatever. So be it. It's my freaking money that they have not theirs! I'm not in a super hurry to have it done as I have only had my car for a whole week on Thursday
But the lack of information and only getting 2 updates in 6 months is just simply not acceptable IMHO.

Thanks for your candid opinion of me. Now

:D I can definately see how people would think that anyone is an idiot at this point that put money down with them.

It was a joke Joker, I only think one person is an idiot and that is another story.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts