Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
That could easily be the difference in +/- 1lb of boost
Absolutely the guys who did mine are awesome didn’t charge me a penny. They said they wanted to see how much HP it would put down. I was impressed and couldn’t believe they hadn’t dyno’d a 20+ GT500 yet.

Reactions: cyoung9799

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
I had just over 11% loss. Put on the dyno pre modes and put out 672whp.
Yeah I was thinking maybe a 10 to 11% loss would be right. Thank you for the reply

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
I think it’s literally all over the place mine did 708hp on its maiden Dyno voyage. I’m perfectly happy with everything and likely won’t do any performance mods.
Yes Absolutely, it is, I figure Weather like Temp, Humidity, and other factors play a part also. But yes It is all over the place. Thanks

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
Absolutely the guys who did mine are awesome didn’t charge me a penny. They said they wanted to see how much HP it would put down. I was impressed and couldn’t believe they hadn’t dyno’d a 20+ GT500 yet.
Really? Here They wanted 45000 pesos or around 900 bucks. NO THANKS :)

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
I am guessing with my weather conditions avg temp is 88fF Humidity around 68% Averages. I am guessing I am around 670WHP and 590WTRQ I also think Ford Under Rated these Beasts I am guessing the Crank HP is 785 or so 635TRQ

· Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
I am guessing with my weather conditions avg temp is 88fF Humidity around 68% Averages. I am guessing I am around 670WHP and 590WTRQ I also think Ford Under Rated these Beasts I am guessing the Crank HP is 785 or so 635TRQ
I’ve actually heard Ken from Palm beach Dyno talk about that. They always Dyno everything before and after doing their kits. He has found some crazy numbers on GT’s and GT500’s in the pre setup process. I think they also did a video about a GT that was over 500whp before adding anything to it. I’ll look for it and link it if I can find it.

Reactions: GT500 The Mistress

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
Using old school 15% LOSS from the Crank 790 is the Crank HP which I remember A Ford Engineer say the GT500 was 785 So 790 Could be the true crank HP. 790 -15% = 671.5 a loss of 118.5. ????

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts
I’ve actually heard Ken from Palm beach Dyno talk about that. They always Dyno everything before and after doing their kits. He has found some crazy numbers on GT’s and GT500’s in the pre setup process. I think they also did a video about a GT that was over 500whp before adding anything to it. I’ll look for it and link it if I can find it.
Please Find it, I would appreciate it Sir. Thank you

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
2,942 Posts

· Registered
2013 gt 500
49 Posts
I installed a JLT CAI (simple process and no issues at all doing it). We then strapped it down to the Dyno and proceeded with the tuning. Final numbers: 784rwhp 657rwtq. Extremely pleased with the results and it is a different car now. It is angry! LOL. Can’t wait to try it on the track!
guess i was in wrong section
here are the dyno tune results from my 13 HPP racing $1500 🤑
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Paper

· Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
24 Posts

· Registered
2022 gt 500 with recaros
136 Posts
I just bought the K& N from Shelby and plan to run it oiled so I can reduce the micro dust if possible. Where did you get the sock?
just an FYI, when is was racing atv at the professional level years back. Those things killed the airflow of the kn to the point a paper filter was better for hp.
That being said I ran mine in every condition possible and never once had any type of issues with dust or debris through the filter. Proper oil and install is also needed.
Side note I also have an air raid dry filter on my construction work truck 3.5 ecoboost in some very dusty conditions. It’s rolled over 300k with that filter on it. Just food for thought

· Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
just an FYI, when is was racing atv at the professional level years back. Those things killed the airflow of the kn to the point a paper filter was better for hp.
That being said I ran mine in every condition possible and never once had any type of issues with dust or debris through the filter. Proper oil and install is also needed.
Side note I also have an air raid dry filter on my construction work truck 3.5 ecoboost in some very dusty conditions. It’s rolled over 300k with that filter on it. Just food for thought
I’m actually running it dry. It’s been perfect so far without the sock.

Reactions: GT500 The Mistress
41 - 60 of 62 Posts