Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
2020 GT500
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a JLT CAI (simple process and no issues at all doing it). We then strapped it down to the Dyno and proceeded with the tuning. Final numbers: 784rwhp 657rwtq. Extremely pleased with the results and it is a different car now. It is angry! LOL. Can’t wait to try it on the track!

· Super Moderator
8,555 Posts
I’ve watched several YouTube videos in adding just the CAI and they are all over the place with 0-90hp gains. I’m not convinced, further holding me back is the desert I live in. My GT350 CAI needed frequent cleaning because of the sand/dust. I haven’t seen as many issues with the factory set up.
Congratulations on your numbers those are very nice!

· Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
1,485 Posts
Those are great gains.

Did you do a baseline dyno of the car before the tune or CAI?

Is that on 93 octane?

I had mine done at a very respectable shop. It was 672rwhp factory. They then did injectors, CAI, 2.85 pulley, plugs, belt, headers and resonator delete. After all that on 93 they tuned it at 791rwhp.

· Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP N2382
330 Posts
I installed a JLT CAI (simple process and no issues at all doing it). We then strapped it down to the Dyno and proceeded with the tuning. Final numbers: 784rwhp 657rwtq. Extremely pleased with the results and it is a different car now. It is angry! LOL. Can’t wait to try it on the track!
Was the JLT CAI the only actual physical mod other than the tune? Was the hood open or closed during the pulls? Those numbers are super impressive!

· Registered
2013 GT500
265 Posts
That’s almost comical how easily those new cars make power

· Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
7,285 Posts
Those are great gains.

Is that on 93 octane?

I had mine done at a very respectable shop. It was 672rwhp factory. They then did injectors, CAI, 2.85 pulley, plugs, belt, headers and resonator delete. After all that on 93 they tuned it at 791rwhp.
Less than 9 % drive-train loss is excellent !!

· Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
362 Posts
Those are great gains.

Is that on 93 octane?

Shawn,

I noticed your pushing 850HP in your signature. Whats your final config?

I am toying with E85- 950hp and 93 850hp setup but havent decided if I want to risk blowing up tranny and engine.

Reactions: HVCalTech

· Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
2,204 Posts
I’ve watched several YouTube videos in adding just the CAI and they are all over the place with 0-90hp gains. I’m not convinced, further holding me back is the desert I live in. My GT350 CAI needed frequent cleaning because of the sand/dust. I haven’t seen as many issues with the factory set up.
Congratulations on your numbers those are very nice!
I use a pre filter sock on my JLT.

· Super Moderator
8,555 Posts
I use a pre filter sock on my JLT.
I just bought the K& N from Shelby and plan to run it oiled so I can reduce the micro dust if possible. Where did you get the sock?

· Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
2,204 Posts

· Registered
2021 GT 500
1,389 Posts
Shawn,

I am toying with E85- 950hp and 93 850hp setup but havent decided if I want to risk blowing up tranny and engine.
I‘m in the same place as you are. I really want to mod mine, but I don’t want hurt the car either. Just from what I can infer from lots of reading online, talking to people at shows, etc, I think the chances of hurting the trans are pretty remote at any sane power level. Ken at Palm Beach Dyno beat on his with over 1400 HP and never hurt the trans. He did a number on the engine though. Lol

I really don’t want to mess with E85 since availability is pretty limited in my area. I’ve been thinking about Palm Beach Dyno’s x900s package on 93 octane. I haven’t heard of any grenaded engines at this power level. Above this I‘d want to build the bottom end, and that’s more than I want to do.

· Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
2,204 Posts
I‘m in the same place as you are. I really want to mod mine, but I don’t want hurt the car either. Just from what I can infer from lots of reading online, talking to people at shows, etc, I think the chances of hurting the trans are pretty remote at any sane power level. Ken at Palm Beach Dyno beat on his with over 1400 HP and never hurt the trans. He did a number on the engine though. Lol

I really don’t want to mess with E85 since availability is pretty limited in my area. I’ve been thinking about Palm Beach Dyno’s x900s package on 93 octane. I haven’t heard of any grenaded engines at this power level. Above this I‘d want to build the bottom end, and that’s more than I want to do.
Exactly the route I’m going. Gas prices are already ridiculous and even though E85 is cheaper you’re filling up twice as often.

· Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
1,485 Posts
Shawn,

The 852rwhp is on E85. I’m only running 791rwhp on 93. I opted for a very mild tune and mods for the same reason you guy are talking about. Plus I haven’t added any extra cooling components.

· Registered
2021 GT 500
1,389 Posts
Exactly the route I’m going. Gas prices are already ridiculous and even though E85 is cheaper you’re filling up twice as often.
Yeah, corn is only like 60 cents less than premium where I live, and it’s only available at a few locations. It’s just not worth it for me. The x900s package comes with a lot of the stuff I was gonna do anyway like the porting and billet lid, too. Speaking of porting, did you get yours back from Jokerz yet? Curious how much difference in whine you noticed.

· Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
2,204 Posts
Yeah, corn is only like 60 cents less than premium where I live, and it’s only available at a few locations. It’s just not worth it for me. The x900s package comes with a lot of the stuff I was gonna do anyway like the porting and billet lid, too. Speaking of porting, did you get yours back from Jokerz yet? Curious how much difference in whine you noticed.
Not yet, I told him to take his time as I wasn’t planning to install the kit until later this summer or early fall. I need to finish my audio build first.

· Registered
'20 CFTP/Tech Pack/Painted Stripes/Rapid Red
62 Posts
One hell of a tune!!! No other parts added?

· Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
362 Posts
FYI, the 900HP Stage 3 PBD kit shifts @8300 rpm which is high in my book. Also, those numbers made power on the Dyno with Carbon fiber wheels (25-30rwhp). If you want them to tune less rpm's and you are using base model wheels it will be more like 850HP.

I know this because I was interested in that package as well and ask the questions.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts