Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note, I just put some TufTape on my car from the GT 500 stripe down to the plastic rocker molding to help protect it from stone chips. Also will be doing the font edge of the hood as well as the front bumper areas. TufTape is a clear restickable static guard to prevent stone chipping. Hope this helps with stone chips.

Protect against paint nicks and scratches during travel, play or work!
TufTape™ offers clear protection for your:
Car • SUV • Trailer • Motorcycle • Boat
It adheres gently to non-porous surfaces, such as paint, metal trim and gel coat.
For Use On:
• Rocker panels • Door sills • Wheel well openings • Fender flairs • Beneath car bras • Leading edges of trailers and trailer fenders • Protect finish during vehicle mechanical work • Beneath temporary vehicle signage • Top edges of truck bed rails and tailgate • Beneath cargo straps rubbing against paint

Qualities:
• Holds firmly, yet releases easily • Easily repositioned • Won’t transfer adhesive to vehicle’s surface • Waterproof adhesive holds in rain • Clear color blends with any vehicle • Won’t become discolored or brittle • Can be trimmed to fit almost any shape or contour • Can be re-rolled and re-used following shows/events • Used by automotive professionals • Long-lasting rolls are 6” wide and 50’ long

TufTape™ is a registered trademark of Lakeway Company, Inc. St. Paul, MN
http://www.tuftape.com/index.html

·
Registered
257 Posts
SN8KBYT...Thanks for this tip. Where I live you can't get on a freeway w/o joining another 5 million others all going 65+ mph...It doesn't take long for your vehicle to have pock marks all over the front of it and the lower rocker areas...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone tried 3M clear tape or a clear bra?

I had it done once about 5 years and it seemed to come out okay.

Curious....

Thanks, Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts