Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just posted last night in another thread that is like 7 pages long and havent gotten a reply yet so i figured i would start a new one. my 07 gt500 seems to have a couple problems with it that i think might be part of that whole tsb issue. first off ive noticed a sputtering hiss when releasing the clutch while in 1st gear. i actually went into my garage last night put it in first and slowely released the pedal until it started to catch. upon releasing it i heard a sputtering hiss noise, also while driving it seems really difficult to shift from 1st to 2nd, there is also a clunk when doing so. its also really hard to get a smooth engagement from 1st to 2nd, and when i do it seems like it takes the rpms a sec to start going back up.in other words it either grabs really hard or seems to slip the whole way down until it grabs. its also very hard to get a good start without the whole car shuddering really hard. i dont think ive had a smooth shift or start yet from the said gears. also while turning into my driveway which has a slight bump i hear a clunk after the front tires go over it and then after the rear ones. and while backing out of the garage which has a slope at the very end of it i hear a clunk. my bumper to bumper runs out at the end of this year (if thats even relevent) and i would like to get this fixed if there is a problem. i also understand that a good percentage of these 07's and 08's have that clutch/flywheel problem. the car only has 1,300 miles on it, should i go try to have these fixed or wait until something a little more substantial happens with it? any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hiss is normal.

as far as shuddering....learn how to shift.

The learning curve on these cars can be a bit steep.

The other issue 1-2 gear..May be the flywheel tsb.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah i knew the hiss was normal just wasnt sure if the sputtering type hiss was. it makes a normal hiss in neutral while letting the clutch out and a sputtering one in 1st or reverse while letting the clutch out. as for the shuddering maybe im just a bit paranoid being that i just spent 39000 on a car that i just discovered might have severe flywheel problems. i have been driving a manual exclusively for about 6 years now and might just need a little time to get used to this one as the car before this was a gt. i know you cant even begin to compare the clutch assemblies of those two cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good information. Have had my Shelby almost two weeks and noticed the hiss.

And the clutch is different to any other I've had going first to second. But I am getting better

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
With regards to the suspension clunking ... is your car lowered or does it still have the stock suspension? There are a few possibilities:

1. Upper strut mounts
2. Front Lower Control Arms (see TSB 9-24-16)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts