Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all of the 07-09 Shelby's need the TSB done or do some of them do fine without this procedure. I have an 09 with a July 08 build date. So far no problems but I only have a little over 400 mile on it. Any words of wisdom are welcome. Also, no front end noise either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have 10,000 miles on my 07 and it's been fine so far.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
All 07, 08 and some 09 GT500s are built with a flywheel that is susceptible to warping due to heat generated especially while driving in stop-and-go traffic. Those 09s built August 19, 2008 and after have the new flywheel so the TSB won't apply.

I have heard of several folks whose clutch/tranny just stops working without warning. I had the TSB done on my 2007 - no regrets. Also had my dealer install the Ford Racing short-throw shifter at the same time; it's a very nice mod.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do all of the 07-09 Shelby's need the TSB done or do some of them do fine without this procedure. I have an 09 with a July 08 build date. So far no problems but I only have a little over 400 mile on it. Any words of wisdom are welcome. Also, no front end noise either.
My 07 had 12000 miles (no problems) on it when I traded it in for an 08. The 08 now has 6000 with no problems so far.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys thanks so much for responding. As I said no problems so far. I do remember one person posted he has a build date of September 09 and he needed the TSB.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,

Any input is GREAT input........

My 07 when it is cold has a problem going into second...needs a little bit of a tug and sometimes a grind on the 2nd gear syncro. Then after a cruise and I park it and leave it idling...I here a cycling minor grinding noise....on for a bit then off for a bit. When the car warms up shifting into second is fine....but that cycling noise/grind is still there...when the clutch goes to the floor the noise/grind goes away! Is my car in need for the TSB to be done?

OSHELBYO :shrug03:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OSHELBYO, I'm too new to this stuff to give you an answer. There are guys here that are way more knowledgeable on this subject than I am. I'm sure one of the guys will chime in and answer your question.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It doesn't cost anything to have them check it. :zlurking:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Build date of October 2008, and my car is currently in the shop now having the TSB performed. Had 2,800 miles on it when it went in.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Build date of October 2008, and my car is currently in the shop now having the TSB performed. Had 2,800 miles on it when it went in.
What were your symptoms? You should already have the new parts so the dealer would just be replacing with the same part numbers that are coming off for the TSB:
1. Flywheel
2. Clutch
3. Input Shaft
4. Synchros
5. Pilot bearing

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mind also had a build date 'after' ... Nov 08... and it needed the TSB after less than 2000 miles... it's fine now.... so far :)
Apparently there was still 'old stock' left at Shelby and whatever was on the flats got installed before they switched to the new... mine was one that got the old.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hi,

Any input is GREAT input........

My 07 when it is cold has a problem going into second...needs a little bit of a tug and sometimes a grind on the 2nd gear syncro. Then after a cruise and I park it and leave it idling...I here a cycling minor grinding noise....on for a bit then off for a bit. When the car warms up shifting into second is fine....but that cycling noise/grind is still there...when the clutch goes to the floor the noise/grind goes away! Is my car in need for the TSB to be done?

OSHELBYO :shrug03:
Some will exhibit slight notchyness going into lower gears in colder temps, mine does, and its a new tranny. After warming, she's fine. What i think your hearing is the free spinning clutch when not clutched in...normal..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,

I´m missing something here - to which TSB are you refering to?
Any help is sure appreciated.

Greetings from Hamburg / Germany

·
Registered
101 Posts
So, an update. The dealer called and said there's going to be a deal. They broke a nut that was torque to yield. Not sure what nut they're talking about. If it's a torque to yield nut then they should've known that it would have to be replaced anyway. They've getting me a rental car since they said they have no idea how long it'll be. They emailed Ford Parts and awaiting a reply on how to get the part since they can't find a part number for it. When I pick up the rental I'm going to talk to the tech and get some more details. Kind of pissed in general, and not real excited about the Toyota Prius that they've offered me. It was that or a Yaris, or Corolla. I think I'm going to ask for some free oil changes out of the deal or something, but even then I don't think that'll make me happy. I actually enjoy doing my oil changes myself, but that's the only realistic request I can think of.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
So, an update. The dealer called and said there's going to be a deal. They broke a nut that was torque to yield. Not sure what nut they're talking about. If it's a torque to yield nut then they should've known that it would have to be replaced anyway. They've getting me a rental car since they said they have no idea how long it'll be. They emailed Ford Parts and awaiting a reply on how to get the part since they can't find a part number for it. When I pick up the rental I'm going to talk to the tech and get some more details. Kind of pissed in general, and not real excited about the Toyota Prius that they've offered me. It was that or a Yaris, or Corolla. I think I'm going to ask for some free oil changes out of the deal or something, but even then I don't think that'll make me happy. I actually enjoy doing my oil changes myself, but that's the only realistic request I can think of.
Do you know whether your car had the new flywheel in it? I would be beneficial if you can snap a picture of your original flywheel and post here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts