Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 'QSF" came out on May 9th 2008. If you have to go to the dealer...you might want to bring a copy of this with you.

20242 2007-2009 MUSTANG SHEBLY GT500 - CLUTCH DRAG
SOME 2007-2009 MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING CLUTCH/TRANS SYMPTOMS: HARD TO DISENGAGE OR ENGAGE 1ST AND REVERSE, HARD TO SHIFT ANY GEAR, GEAR GRINDING DURING SHIFTS ANY GEAR, VEHICLE CREEPS WITH TRANS IN GEAR AND CLUTCH PEDAL FULLY DEPRESSED, CLUTCH SLIPPAGE IN GEAR WITH CLUTCH PEDAL RELEASED, HISS NOISE WITH CLUTCH PEDAL FULLY DEPRESSED (HISS ON CLUTCH PEDAL RELEASE IS NORMAL). ENGINEERING IS CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THIS CONDITION THROUGH THE QUICKER SERVICE FIX (QSF) PROCESS. TSB WITH NEW PARTS/PROCEDURE IS IN PROGRESS. MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 05/09/2008

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hate to say it... but ABOUT TIME!!

Feel sorry for all those who had to get special people involved to get this fixed - or the ones who just got blown off by their dealer because "there is no problem." :soapbox:

Hope this is a fair fix for those who currently have issues as well as those who may have premature failures down the road.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thank you for the update Mr Grabber. You should hang out more often.

...maybe I shouldn't use hang out?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This 'QSF" came out on May 9th 2008. If you have to go to the dealer...you might want to bring a copy of this with you.

SOME 2007-2009 MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING CLUTCH/TRANS SYMPTOMS: HARD TO DISENGAGE OR ENGAGE 1ST AND REVERSE, HARD TO SHIFT ANY GEAR, GEAR GRINDING DURING SHIFTS ANY GEAR, VEHICLE CREEPS WITH TRANS IN GEAR AND CLUTCH PEDAL FULLY DEPRESSED, CLUTCH SLIPPAGE IN GEAR WITH CLUTCH PEDAL RELEASED, HISS NOISE WITH CLUTCH PEDAL FULLY DEPRESSED (HISS ON CLUTCH PEDAL RELEASE IS NORMAL). ENGINEERING IS CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THIS CONDITION THROUGH THE QUICKER SERVICE FIX (QSF) PROCESS. TSB WITH NEW PARTS/PROCEDURE IS IN PROGRESS. MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.
Wow! Good find, Rob. Thanks.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Great info.

Kind of odd that the QSF would mention that this extends into the '09 model when they haven't started production yet.

Arbour88

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

WOW. 2007-2009

Guess it's not fixed.
Yes, this is the biggest supprise to me. Maybe it is more than just the "input shaft lube " after all.

I guess it's time to call Rockland, and follow Joe's lead. Maybe they can recommend a good clutch, too. Oh and that 9" rear, too.

I wonder how much a driveline like that, good to 800+ Hp, would be?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it's time to call Rockland, and follow Joe's lead. Maybe they can recommend a good clutch, too. Oh and that 9" rear, too.

:simmadown:

Let's see what the TSB says before we get our panties all bunched up in a wad.

ORF, What size do you wear ?:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:simmadown:

Let's see what the TSB says before we get our panties all bunched up in a wad.

ORF, What size do you wear ?:)

Nothing in a bunch over here.

Just figuring that a full replacement may be in my future.

No offense meant.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just had my clutch and all related parts replaced by the dealer .....no problem.....100 % covered.......didn't cost me a dime....and they were glad to do it....feels great now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just had my clutch and all related parts replaced by the dealer .....no problem.....100 % covered.......didn't cost me a dime....and they were glad to do it....feels great now.
Unfortunately, this TSB means they haven't resolved the issue yet. I hope you don't have to go through the replacement again.

It sounds like a solution will becoming, but all dealers should cease trying to fix the current issue until it is resolved and the TSB is issued.

HSURB

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

It's only money silly. :roller:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i'll be sure to take it (along with many other posts) when mine goes to the dealer next week..thx grabber :D

What dealer?

...maybe I can test it while I'm there.:blueblob:

·
Registered
6 Posts
just took my car to dealer today because the clutch would slip when ever I pressed the accelerator more the 25% with the clutch fully engaged. dealer just called and said they were replacing clutch and transmission.They will know tommorrow when to expect recieving tranny.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just think of all the frustration this issue has caused for people and how upset we will all be when this happens whenever our warranties expire :flame:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Just think of all the frustration this issue has caused for people and how upset we will all be when this happens whenever our warranties expire :flame:
Exactly!!:ninja:

That's why Ford should do a recall.:flame:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I think it's all Grabber's fault.

Seems like we didn't know about this until Grabber's 276 threads on it.

Sometimes ignorance IS bliss. :zzz:

:info-smilie:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts