Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember when I was posting about having water on my sill plates after washing my car. Well I took my car in a few weeks ago and they found this TSB and are replacing the door seals under TSB 07-14-6.

Just in case anyone else is having the same problem fiured I would share the info. Sorry that it took me awhile to post about it. Been really busy lately.

Happy 4th everyone.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I checked out the TSB. I am not seing where they say the door seal is the problem. It looks pretty intense. Here it is:

WATER LEAK—FRONT FLOOR AREA TSB 07-14-6
FORD:
2005-2008 Mustang
ISSUE Water Leak Testing Procedure Pressurized
Some 2005-2008 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a Cabin
difficult to diagnose water leak in the front floor 1. To pressurize cabin, open the trunk and
area. This may be caused by loose grommets remove the floor carpet. Remove the plastic tail
and/or sealer skips around the cowl area, loose panel cover. Remove side carpet push pins and
A-pillar window weather stripping retainer, move the carpet aside. Locate the body vents
misaligned body harness grommet through the in the lower rear corners of the trunk (rear of
firewall, or misaligned body harness grommet from wheel wells) and tape them off. Close the trunk.
the passenger door. Place the blower motor on high. Turn air
ACTION recirculation to off mode. Close windows and
doors. Open the hood and spray soapy water
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the
along body seams/grommets, particularly
condition.
around the A-pillar/fender and hood hinge area,
SERVICE PROCEDURE and check for bubbles.
Water Leak Testing Procedure Non-Pressurized NOTE
Cabin DO NOT REMOVE THE DASH OR THE DASH
INSULATOR.
1. Using a garden hose equipped with a shower
head attachment, or similar device, run water Water Leak Inspection/Repair
onto the vehicle being sure to direct water over
the roof ditch moldings, side window weather Inspect the following areas for visible signs of leaks
strips, and windshield/cowl panel area. While and follow the appropriate repair steps.
water is being applied to the vehicle, have an 1. Verify that the plastic cowl panel grill is evenly
assistant inside the vehicle verifying the location seated against the windshield and not warped.
of the water intrusion. If warped, replace with current service stock.
NOTE 2. Remove the cowl panel grill. Refer to Workshop
DO NOT REMOVE THE DASH OR THE DASH Manual (WSM), Section 501-02, and inspect for
INSULATOR. proper cowl panel mount grommet installation
and pinch weld sealing. Water may enter the NOTE
cowl channel, through the cowl panel
TO AID DIAGNOSIS, THE CABIN CAN BE grommets/seals or forward pinch weld,
PRESSURIZED. potentially causing a sloshing sound and/or
water leaking down the dash kick panel area. If
there is standing water in the cowl channel,
remove it by siphoning through a cowl panel
mount grommet hole.
NOTE
DO NOT REMOVE THE DASH OR THE DASH
INSULATOR.
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do
the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper
vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a
Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation
determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article.The information in this Technical Service Bulletin
(TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates.The most recent information is
available through Ford Motor Company’s on-line technical resources.
Copyright ã 2007 Ford Motor Company Online Publication Date July 3, 2007 PAGE 1
TSB 07-14-6 (Continued)
3. Verify that the ten (10) cowl panel mount 5. Check the main body wiring harness grommet
grommets and seals are installed and sealing for proper seating or mis-positioning into the
tightly to the vehicle. If any are missing, or the bulkhead on the driver/passenger side.
seals are damaged, replace as necessary.
a. Reposition the grommet into the bulkhead
a. Apply a small bead of TA-2 Motorcraftâ making sure the grommet is fully seated and
Repair Urethane Adhesive/Seam Sealer sealed. If there is any aftermarket wiring
around all ten (10) grommets. (Figure 1) installed through the grommet, reroute and
seal as necessary. (Figure 3)
Figure 1 - Article 07-14-6
Figure 3 - Article 07-14-6
NOTE
DO NOT USE SILICONE. 6. Verify that the door to the A-pillar wiring
harness grommet is fully seated into the
4. Inspect the cowl panel to bulk head pinch weld A-pillar.
and A-pillar to cowl joint for any skips in seam
sealer or excessive gaps between panels. a. To ensure proper sealing around the wiring
harness grommet, apply a small amount of
a. To ensure a water tight seal, apply a small TA-2 Motorcraftâ Repair Urethane
amount of TA-2 Motorcraftâ Repair Adhesive/Seam Sealer and reinstall the
Urethane Adhesive/Seam Sealer to the grommet into the A-pillar. (Figure 4)
pinch weld and work into the seam with
fingertip, leaving a small amount on the
edge, especially near the windshield center
bracket area. (Figure 2)
Figure 4 - Article 07-14-6
NOTE
DO NOT USE SILICONE.
Figure 2 - Article 07-14-6
NOTE
DO NOT USE SILICONE.
PAGE 2
TSB 07-14-6 (Continued)
7. Inspect the foam seal of the window PART NUMBER PART NAME
weatherstrip retainer at the A-pillar. Tears in the 5R3Z-63517C58-AA Retainer-Cowl/Panel
foam seal may allow water to enter the vehicle 7R3Z-6351238-B Retainer-Weatherstrip Right Side
between the window weatherstrip retainer and 7R3Z-6351239-B Retainer-Weatherstrip Left Side
the A-pillar, and travel inside the interior A-pillar TA-2 Motorcraftâ Repair Urethane
Adhesive/Seam Sealer trim molding into the dash kick panel area.
a. Replace the window weatherstrip retainer, if WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of
damaged. New Vehicle Limited
Warranty Coverage
b. Reassemble other trim as required. (Figure IMPORTANT: Warranty
5) coverage limits/policies are
not altered by a TSB.
Warranty coverage limits
are determined by the
identified causal part.
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
MT071406 Use SLTS Operations If Actual
Available; Claim Additional Time
Diagnosis Or Labor
Performed As Actual Time
DEALER CODING
CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
63517C58 07
Figure 5 - Article 07-14-6
8. If no leaks are found in these areas, refer to
WSM, Section 501-00 for water leak
diagnostics.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW that' way involved. All I know is they just called me and said that my parts are in for the repair and my repair order gives that TSB number. I'll find out more when I get it done next week hopefully and report back then.

I was also told that the bottom of the driver side door seal looked like it was picking up dirt on it. I'm not sure but I'll find out what I can.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Some of you may remember when I was posting about having water on my sill plates after washing my car. Well I took my car in a few weeks ago and they found this TSB and are replacing the door seals under TSB 07-14-6.

Just in case anyone else is having the same problem fiured I would share the info. Sorry that it took me awhile to post about it. Been really busy lately.

Happy 4th everyone.
thanks for the info. :soapbox:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts