Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I watched it and found it had some very valid and informative fact based information. I can appreciate Hannity's neutral coverage of the events and many points he made I don't disagree with.

The removal of these monuments is a slippery slope and what Hannity pointed out is dead on. You either remove them all, including the ones for Democratic figures, or leave them as a reminder of a point in America's history that most of us have evolved from.

Has my opinion of Trump changed? For the most part, no. For me, he's not believable or genuine. Neither is Hilary for that matter. He leaves the impression of a entitled egotistical "better than everyone else" business man that will say or do anything to better himself, his position, and/or his leverage. He goes out of his way to self promote how great he thinks he is every time he's in front of the camera.

My attention to Trump himself and his actions, what he says and how he says it shape my opinion. I have zero trust for him, and it's not pleasant to feel that way about the President. I'll ask the question to get it out of the way. Did I trust Obama? **** no. But Trump for me is like a box of chocolates everyday and it's been like this since January. We can't blame the media entirely, it takes two to tango just like in VA.

It's an accumulation of things for me. Like recently when he shamelessly plugs his vineyard as one the countries largest. First of all that wasn't the place or time IMO to plug his vineyard. And then claiming it's one of the largest in the Country. Knowing that's not true Trump then looks like a bull****ter. I don't like to feel like I'm being bull ****ted all time but I do. This is one of many examples.

Am I being hard and critical of him? Maybe nit picking a little. God damn right. He holds the highest office in the Country and he's treating it like a reality show. I know he's never held office before but damn. A smart and humble man would be at terms with this reality and follow the guidance of his trusted advisers. Kelly told him what he needed to do and say on Monday. And then on Tuesday Trump turns around and stabs him back because he can't handle the heat in the kitchen. The quicker he learns to ignore the media trying to get him to slip up the better off he'll be. That meeting on Tuesday was for talking about infrastructure not VA but instead it turns into a **** storm fueled by every media outlet putting their spin on it. I'm not an idiot or blind, I get it about the media too.

Hey I tried. Do yourself a favor & watch it. Seriously.
I used to NEVER watch CNN or MSNBC. Now I tune in daily to get the goods from both sides. Then I form my opinion.
Today's show, Hannity was very informative. Backed with facts as in several video clips. The camera doesn't lie.
It stresses me to see YOU this stressed. You might never change your mind.
But if you see FACT BASED information, it might help ease the pain.
When I see an event as those in recent news with my own eyes, and then tune into certain news channels & see the instant spin... I'm like ****! I'm not blind, I just saw that. Damn!
I'm not going to stand here and argue toe to toe with anyone here. Just don't feel like it. I WILL invite you to see the other side though. :smile:
It might ease your blood pressure. Or make it worse!
My mind is made up on the current issues. And you might feel the same way.
Look on the bright side. We all woke up breathing today. And we did it in America! So many others will never get to experience the joy of that. Even if we do fight and argue like a bunch of 7th grade girls every chance we get, it's a pretty damn good place to hang out...

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I watched it and found it had some very valid and informative fact based information. I can appreciate Hannity's neutral coverage of the events and many points he made I don't disagree with.

The removal of these monuments is a slippery slope and what Hannity pointed out is dead on. You either remove them all, including the ones for Democratic figures, or leave them as a reminder of a point in America's history that most of us have evolved from.

Has my opinion of Trump changed? For the most part, no. For me, he's not believable or genuine. Neither is Hilary for that matter. He leaves the impression of a entitled egotistical "better than everyone else" business man that will say or do anything to better himself, his position, and/or his leverage. He goes out of his way to self promote how great he thinks he is every time he's in front of the camera.

My attention to Trump himself and his actions, what he says and how he says it shape my opinion. I have zero trust for him, and it's not pleasant to feel that way about the President. I'll ask the question to get it out of the way. Did I trust Obama? **** no. But Trump for me is like a box of chocolates everyday and it's been like this since January. We can't blame the media entirely, it takes two to tango just like in VA.

It's an accumulation of things for me. Like recently when he shamelessly plugs his vineyard as one the countries largest. First of all that wasn't the place or time IMO to plug his vineyard. And then claiming it's one of the largest in the Country. Knowing that's not true Trump then looks like a bull****ter. I don't like to feel like I'm being bull ****ted all time but I do. This is one of many examples.

Am I being hard and critical of him? Maybe nit picking a little. God damn right. He holds the highest office in the Country and he's treating it like a reality show. I know he's never held office before but damn. A smart and humble man would be at terms with this reality and follow the guidance of his trusted advisers. Kelly told him what he needed to do and say on Monday. And then on Tuesday Trump turns around and stabs him back because he can't handle the heat in the kitchen. The quicker he learns to ignore the media trying to get him to slip up the better off he'll be. That meeting on Tuesday was for talking about infrastructure not VA but instead it turns into a **** storm fueled by every media outlet putting their spin on it. I'm not an idiot or blind, I get it about the media too.
I agree with every word. Still much better then if Hillary had won. You don't have to like him, he is getting things done. Our GDP is predicted to come in at 3.7 for this quarter, 600,000 jobs created, black employment is up...all things our media will not give him credit for.

·
Banned
8,948 Posts
Thanks Eric for taking the time.
I can't get on board with his personality fully either. I do admire his guts though. If I had his job with all that gets thrown his way, I'd be a dick too. Probably a worse one than he's been.
We will all see what the future holds. But uprooting the past won't fix it.
It's like his intentions are good, he just doesnt know how to present himself on a world stage.
Hopefully he'll get better at that, maybe.
I'm hoping for the best for our Country. I just wouldn't want his job!

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Eric for taking the time.
I can't get on board with his personality fully either. I do admire his guts though. If I had his job with all that gets thrown his way, I'd be a dick too. Probably a worse one than he's been.
We will all see what the future holds. But uprooting the past won't fix it.
It's like his intentions are good, he just doesnt know how to present himself on a world stage.
Hopefully he'll get better at that, maybe.
I'm hoping for the best for our Country. I just wouldn't want his job!
F n A man, I wouldn't want the job either. I know I don't have the temperament for it, PERIOD!! God Bless America

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Great stuff Eric! She speaks the truth. Add to that, the Democratic party funds Antica and BLB and there you have it.

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
@blackcad55, give it a chance and don't turn it off as soon as you see who's speaking.

Why would I turn it off when I see who's speaking......I don't even know the woman and have never even heard of her????

She speaks exactly as I do.....you should listen to that video yourself, again.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Why would I turn it off when I see who's speaking......I don't even know the woman and have never even heard of her????

She speaks exactly as I do.....you should listen to that video yourself, again.
A little slow on the up take, that's cool. Telling you not to turn it off was a joke that links back.......nevermind. And the "front stab" that was just an added bonus.

I posted the video. Of course I've watched and listened to it several times. She speaks a lot of truth and it was very bold of her to post that. I commend her. She's going to come under fire from all directions I'm sure. Now if Trump needed some material to Tweet, this would be a good start.

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
A little slow on the up take, that's cool. Telling you not to turn it off was a joke that links back.......nevermind. And the "front stab" that was just an added bonus.

Talk about really slow on the uptake.....since there was no joking going on between the two of us, and this is a serious subject, I found no humor in your comments. Telling me not to turn it off was a joke that links back...to what....you inferring that I'm a racist? President Trump denounced BOTH sides and I agreed with him, and you had a problem with that.....then you show me a video of a woman who denounces BOTH sides and you act like everything is cool???
You told me to "grow a pair".....I'm telling you to go grow something, not sure what?? We'll leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Talk about really slow on the uptake.....since there was no joking going on between the two of us, and this is a serious subject, I found no humor in your comments. Telling me not to turn it off was a joke that links back...to what....you inferring that I'm a racist? President Trump denounced BOTH sides and I agreed with him, and you had a problem with that.....then you show me a video of a woman who denounces BOTH sides and you act like everything is cool???
You told me to "grow a pair".....I'm telling you to go grow something, not sure what?? We'll leave it at that.
You said it yourself, no one takes me seriously. So why are you taking me seriously. Why do you keep coming back for more?

Are you making a transgender insinuation telling me to grow something?

·
Banned
8,948 Posts
If you haven't watched this yet, I encourage you to do so. https://www.facebook.com/newlypress/videos/1870501836547522/

@blackcad55, give it a chance and don't turn it off as soon as you see who's speaking. Front stab. Hahahah
Holy rat ****t! Now that's what I'm talking about. She gets it.
That should be played on every news station in this country in its entirety.
When I speak like that, I'm looked at wrongly.
She has a powerful message.
I wish all involved would agree with her.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Holy rat ****t! Now that's what I'm talking about. She gets it.
That should be played on every news station in this country in its entirety.
When I speak like that, I'm looked at wrongly.
She has a powerful message.
I wish all involved would agree with her.
I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't agree with her. Wouldn't I have looked like an ******* if I came on here or anywhere else for that matter echoing her verbatim? She delivers the message and ears perk up, God bless her for that.

·
Banned
8,948 Posts
I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't agree with her. Wouldn't I have looked like an ******* if I came on here or anywhere else for that matter echoing her verbatim? She delivers the message and ears perk up, God bless her for that.
Actually when I said "all involved", I meant as in all the folks between the Atlantic & Pacific. Errrrbahdy!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,090 Posts
I listened to her, as well. Thanks for posting that, Eric. I think she is on the right track and dead nuts correct; however, she is up against the majority of the media and those people and groups who have proffered and profited from the language of "victimization" since the 60's. It's much easier to cry foul, blame someone else, or some entity, rather than to look, critically, within one's self for solutions. Her points are well taken and certainly make sense to anyone with an open mind. She has her work cut out for her and I wish her the very best. All the points she makes seem quite valid to me. We "can" be a nation of hypocrisy when it comes to politics, social position, and race relations. We've all seen it at times. We are also not alone. All countries struggle with the same issues. I have no idea what the solution will be to eradicate the narrow mindedness and vitriol that has a death grip on this country, but until we rein in the irresponsible and money driven media (TV, radio, newspapers, and social media) and start telling the truth to each other, on both sides, we are not got to make any progress. Everyone seems to have a personal or social agenda that conflicts with someone else's and no one seems to be willing to find any common ground in the middle.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts