Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know the actual base RWHP/RWTQ for a GT500. i.e. does anyone know of someone who actually had their car or a car dyno tuned bone stock as a baseline?

I've read so many different numbers that were claimed to be the actual RWHP. As low as 425 and as high as 475 for a true baseline. I'm thinking about just adding the two and then dividing. That would equal 450, but I'm sure that's not right.

Does anyone know?

flipmo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Normally, the drivetrain loss on a 2wd vehicle is anywhere from 12-13%. All-wheel drive vehicles are in the neighborhood of 17%. That would put a stock GT500 in the 435-440 rhp.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The August 2007 edition of 5.0 Mustang has an article on the GT500 that showed dyno numbers:

1st pull (cold engine): 442HP & 430 lb-ft
2nd pull: 436HP & 433 lb-ft.

Right in the ballpark with vader t's numbers!

The car was stock with 12,000 miles. What's interesting is the throttle never opened past 76%.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm going to get mine (Stock) dyno-ed today. The only Dyno in town is opening up today. If he can do it!! It's a Mustang Dyno!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm not real happy
364RWHP
368RWTQ

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mobey, woooo and hold the phone. Man, don't even lose any sleep about the pulls you had today because something definitely wasn't correct with either the tuning, tuner or machine.

I did a little research on this today on several sites on the internet and read that one guys baselined a stock GT500 at 441 and after tuning (yes, all stock) managed to get 452 out of it. Believable or not, yet I believe it.

Additionally, the math as done earlier I'm sure is correct, so using some deductive reasoning, there is no way your numbers are correct. Sleep well tonight my friend.

flipmo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mustang dynos are definately the most stingy. They are know industry wide for the most conservative numbers.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
I'm not real happy
364RWHP
368RWTQ
Teach your local dyno guy how to get a reading on the coil over plug design of the GT500's engine and you'll be happier. Oh...and let it cool off for an hour while you have a cold beverage, then pull it.

bj

·
Registered
444 Posts
yeah something ain't right......and there is nothing wrong with the car. but those numbers ar not even close.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Teach your local dyno guy how to get a reading on the coil over plug design of the GT500's engine and you'll be happier. Oh...and let it cool off for an hour while you have a cold beverage, then pull it.

bj
I told him I heard it would be hard to get a Tach reading. He looked at me strange. He only hooked up to the EDP.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
I told him I heard it would be hard to get a Tach reading. He looked at me strange. He only hooked up to the EDP.

Remove the passenger's side SVT coil plate. You'll need to take some of the insulation off of one of the plug leads so you can get a isolated signal. Then make sure you screw down the coil covers as best you can with the lead hanging out. This keeps the coil packs from dancing on the tops of the plugs and giving you a crappy reading.

I've seen a dozen cars with this exact situation.

bj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts