Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be driving down to Evolution tomorrow morning with Dan (68 fastback) .

I will be there for test and a custom dyno tune on my latest engine upgrades. (TVS, pulley, AFCO HE, and monoblade TB ).

It will be my first long drive with the car since last Fall.

Can't wait to see how she performs , wish I was going to a road course too to give the suspension a good test but that will have to wait till later this spring.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Don't let Dan near the controls for the tune, Evo may have to put out an improved tune.:ack:

I thought tomorrow was a work day?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't let Dan near the controls for the tune, Evo may have to put out an improved tune.:ack:

I thought tomorrow was a work day?
Yeah ...work on my car day !:)

I already have a few things in mind that I want that may be a bit different than their norm.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Do we get pics and video?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Where has he been anyway?

George, have a great trip. Don't let Dan near the fab shop at EVO...he'll build some lightweight screamer while they are tuning your car. :ack:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Where has he been anyway?

George, have a great trip. Don't let Dan near the fab shop at EVO...he'll build some lightweight screamer while they are tuning your car. :ack:
I saw a post on the other forum... he's on vacation on the beach.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
George has left the building...:pimp:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK guys, here's what happened at Evo yesterday....

After joining up with Dan (68 fastback ) in NY and a 3-1/2 hr drive to Evolution I let the car cool for about a 1/2 hr then I changed out the spark plugs for a new set of NGK TR6's gapped at .30 and toppped of the car with a tank of Sunoco ultra from across the street.

Since I will be driving on the street mostly and some road racing a few times a year I had Fred make some changes to his tune on the more conservative side to my specs. I had to twist his arm to do it too. The biggest difference from Evo's normal tune that I wanted was about 4* less timing at WOT than what Fred wanted and normally does put in his tunes and a bit more fuel at the top end. Fred called my tune specs " sand bagging" LOL but I guess that's another word for "conservative" He also had another name for it that I won't use here. LOL

So we did a base line pull with the valet tune ( very rich )in the car that Fred sent to me so I could drive the car down there it made 643 rwhp @6000rpm.

Then Fred down loaded his tune with some of my specs and after a 20 min cool down we made another pull. It yeilded 665 rwhp and 664 torque @ 6200 rpm. Thats 765 engine HP. Not too shabby for a very conservative tune.

If I was racing the dyno like so many people seem to do ,this car could easily have made 700 rwhp with another 4* of timing, but that's not my goal here.

Driving it back home was a pleasure, smooth and responsive . You would never know it had that kind of power unless you put the petal down. It pulls like a freight train effortlessly but very docile otherwise.

My thanks to Fred for a job well done.

We also spent the day with another forum member from the site but I'm not at liberty to say who quite yet. All I can say is his car was being worked on all day getting lots of goodies installed. When we left at 8:15 PM he was still there .

Here's a couple of pic's of the new Shelby 20" wheel that they had on display it looks real nice in person too bad they don't come in 18's. I would consider them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
George,
Glad to see those #'s... I will be bringing mine up to Justin at VMP as soon as he gets the new throttle bodies in... Also I did not see any pictures of the 20" rims...

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not really into the rims though.... Not my cup of tea... Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sweet George.Glad it all went well:bandit:

HorseTraderDave That's awesome George...sounds like a strong beast. Glad you like the result.
Let me tell you guys ,anything over 600 rwhp on the street is really unecessary and very difficult to actually use due to traction issues.

That said IT IS AWSOME ! Even on the race track it is overpowering. IMO

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

That is awesome!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts