Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
8,646 Posts
I'd like all my friends to post on this thread when they are home safe and sound. We drove as far as the eastern Ohio border and are spending the night. All the trucks and folks visiting their relatives on I-70 East, have gotten the best of me, so before I shoot someone, we decided to spend the night and drive the rest of the way tomorrow. LOL! Weather was fine but just a lot of nit-wits out here. We sure had a great time at Shelbyfest, despite the crappy weather. Again we found that some of our closest and best friends are on this forum. Love all you guys and travel safely! :smile:

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts
Re: Travels back home from Shelbyfest

Kelly, Dylan and I made it home around 5:30. Once again we had an awesome time. Dylan especially! You guys are the best! Enjoyed meeting all the newbies to the gang. Hope to see everyone again next year.

Mike give Sharon a big hug for me and Kelly! Hope you feel better soon!

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts

Kelly, Dylan and I made it home around 5:30. Once again we had an awesome time. Dylan especially!

…… Dylan ?????????? who ??????? confused ??????? …… Oooohhhhh, you mean POP TART …. now I gotcha. Glad to hear he had a good time (along with you & Kelly)!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts

…… Dylan ?????????? who ??????? confused ??????? …… Oooohhhhh, you mean POP TART …. now I gotcha. Glad to hear he had a good time (along with you & Kelly)!!!!
No no sir! YOU are Pop Tart, and Dylan is Pop Tart Junior. Don't confuse the people who weren't at SF19.

·
Registered
862 Posts

My brother and I made it home safe around 3:30. We had a great time. It was very cool finally meeting everyone in person. My wife made me a big ole steak for dinner AND helped me wash the car. The Shelby is clean, covered and tucked in for the night. Bev says she IS going next year. Can’t wait. :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

I don't have pictures for proof, but I did make it home safe and sound.:grin:

As always, Shelbyfest was a blast. Even the rain couldn't damper the spirit of seeing good friends and making new ones. So much fun, and only 360 more days until Shelbyfest 2020. I can't wait!!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
357 Posts

Made it home around 3:00 pm and had a great time for my 1st shelbyfest. It was great meeting everyone in person.

·
Registered
641 Posts

I was probably one of the first to get home since I live so close. Safe travels tomorrow Mike. I had a great time. It was good to see everyone again and meet some new friends.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts

No no sir! YOU are Pop Tart, and Dylan is Pop Tart Junior. Don't confuse the people who weren't at SF19.

I was AT Shelbyfest19, and I'm still CONFUSED …..Dylan, Cooper, Old Fart, Pop Tart 1, Pop Tart Jr., Pop Tart 3, Pop Tart original, Pop Tart 2, Pop Tart, Pop Tart Extra Crispy, Pop Tart Sr., …. all I know is, we went through a WHOLE CASE of POP TARTS !!! … gotta luv them kids …. :lol: LOL :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts

I left Jefferson City Sunday morning about 5am EST and with food, gas and coffee breaks, I rolled into Port Charlotte about 2:30 ...

Thats 2:30 am on Monday @!!

Am I tired or what !!!!!

Shelby fest was incredible !!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts

I left around a quarter to four, yes a.m. ... (Mo, time)
And got home at 03:44 AZ time. so it was a 26 Hour drive ! (03:44, I know because a security Cam caught me)

...and I am TIRED. No steak dinner waiting for me, no drinks or refreshments for me. Crashed on the couch around 04:30, woke up about 06:15, emptied the car, tossed dirty clothes over "toward" the laundry, and, well, just trying to decide what I'm going to make Us for breakfast! Did I say I'm tired, I think I did. And ran into rain almost the entire way across Texas. 26 hours made a long haul home.
But, I'm here and the Dog was glad to see me.
...more later, I think I mentioned I'm tired.................................

·
Premium Member
100 Posts

Now I'm hurt... :crying: :wink:

Kayeh and I were waiting up for you... saw your headlights coming down our road, turned the outside lights on and rushed out to open the gate.

After your nap on the couch I made you hot cocoa and tossed your first load of laundry into the washer.... And now I'm frying bacon and eggs and cutting up a fresh fruit salad for breakfast while Kayeh lays adoringly at your feet :kiss:

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts

Now I'm hurt... :crying: :wink:

Kayeh and I were waiting up for you... saw your headlights coming down our road, turned the outside lights on and rushed out to open the gate.

After your nap on the couch I made you hot cocoa and tossed your first load of laundry into the washer.... And now I'm frying bacon and eggs and cutting up a fresh fruit salad for breakfast while Kayeh lays adoringly at your feet :kiss:
But...

....not ONE pancake!!!!
:|

At least the dog missed me! (as she eats my bacon)

·
#1 Mike!
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

^^^^ ... not sure if I mentioned it, but I am DEAD F'n tired, worn out.

...and hungry!!!!

:frown:

.....................................not even a Pop Tart !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kinda figured you'd head home rather than to Independence. So glad you are home and all went well. That's a long one way trip!! Figured a Ranger would take that on! Take it easy for a while and enjoy Kathy and the Pupper!! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts