Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are all aware, Shelbyfest 2019 is mere days away. Actually, it is close enough now that it can be counted down as hours. Well, at least for me, since I'm so looking forward to it!:bouncy:

Many members of this site are going to be hitting the roadways to embark on a great journey very soon. Many first time attendees will make this a great Shelbyfest indeed. Some are driving from near and some are driving from quite far away. All will have a common goal and destination in the end. Great times with old friends, meeting new friends, and amazing cars.

We all know the highways and byways are filled with a plethora of crazies. Be mindful of them and avoid them as much as possible. Enjoy the journey so you may enjoy the destination even more!

I look forward to seeing all the smiling faces and making more Shelby friends! I wish everyone safe and fun travels on whatever roads you will be tearing up on your way to Shelbyfest 2019! :grin:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm just hoping for no (solid) precipitation, to which eastern CO and KS are prone, along the way.

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,383 Posts
I hate the rain, but as long as there is no hail, I can deal with it.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
28,974 Posts
Great thread Raymond!

SuziQ and I will be hitting the road early Wednesday morning for a full day drive.

·
Premium Member
7,521 Posts
You might want to buy some Koni shocks set on full stiff for the car, Ray. Just say'n! And if he points out architectural wonders along the way, just ignore him and keep your eyes on the road!

Ray probably won't drive at such a leisurely pace as you did Reptile … it was great for napping and sightseeing however … :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Missouri's roads were hit pretty hard this year with damage over the winter. There are several repair projects going on now.

You can look at the highways that are currently under construction on the modot website.

We are expecting rain this week and could be heavy in parts of Missouri. We will have to keep an eye on Hermann.

https://www.modot.org

Travel safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might want to buy some Koni shocks set on full stiff for the car, Ray. Just say'n! And if he points out architectural wonders along the way, just ignore him and keep your eyes on the road!
I'll keep this in mind @03reptile :grin: I'm not too worried though. My car is a performance pack car, so it already has the adjustable shocks if need be. :rofl:

Ray probably won't drive at such a leisurely pace as you did Reptile … it was great for napping and sightseeing however … :lol:
I'll try my best to keep you awake and entertained on the journey @blackcad55. Don't forget I've already got a music CD burned for the in flight karaoke on the way to the winery. >:)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someday I’ll eventually make this show lol I hope
You definitely need to @Buttinz. At least once. Of course once is all it will take to get hooked and come back year after year. :wink:

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
You definitely need to @Buttinz. At least once. Of course once is all it will take to get hooked and come back year after year. :wink:
It's amazing Mike kept coming back after getting raped by two studly men. image.jpg1_zpsxgxqetzb.jpg

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Most everyone here is on a first name basis esp some of the old timers .... and Yes i know tim as we all do and know what he looks like; I helped reptile aka "mike with no wheel" with his initial GT 350 purchase by answering some questions being a ford dealer and GT 350 owner .... but I know everyones screen name but not first names ..... AND I AM TERRIBLE AT FIRST NAMES .... so pls bear with me when we eventually meet

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Most everyone here is on a first name basis esp some of the old timers .... and Yes i know tim as we all do and know what he looks like; I helped reptile aka "mike with no wheel" with his initial GT 350 purchase by answering some questions being a ford dealer and GT 350 owner .... but I know everyones screen name but not first names ..... AND I AM TERRIBLE AT FIRST NAMES .... so pls bear with me when we eventually meet
No worries! My first year I felt the same way. It's not about having to remember names on sight. It's about making memories, and having a blast doing it, so you can be sure to come back again.

Side note:

I just hit 1,000 posts WOOOHOOO! It only took me a little over six years to do it. No holding me back now! :grin:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
28,974 Posts
It would help if you added your first name to your signature. ;)

My goal when asking everyone to do that awhile back was to get people here on a first name basis, which makes interactions better for our membership. The internet can be a cold experience. Adding first names (and faces during the month of February) will make this place more like a warm and friendly hangout for friends.

·
#1 Mike!
8,780 Posts
Don't let it worry you, Don. The first year I attended, I was in the same boat! Ford Fest had made us all a lanyard and ID tag with our Car pic and our forum/real name on it. I still bring mine each year. Anyway, you'll get through it as most introduce themselves by their forum names and then the one their parents gave them! Take a little pocket pad along and take notes!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts