Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a noise in there Tranny/Clutch set up? When I have the car running in neutral and foot off the clutch I hear a spinning noise, depress the clutch it stops, Anyone have an idea? :confused:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yep, normal noise. It's specifically noted in the PDI document.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a terrible noise. Nothing that sounds this bad can possibly be normal!!!. We will be posting a video/audio clip tonight on the problems/dealerservice forum under the 1st thread.
Debbie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grabber has a sound/video clip of his CSC bearing (throw out bearing) making noise. Perhaps he can post his video here if he hasn't already.

It's a high pitched whine.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have a terrible noise. I am arguing with the SVT team right now. Nothing that sounds this bad can possibly be normal!!!. We will be posting a video/audio clip tonight on the problems/dealerservice forum under the 1st thread.
Debbie
You mean this lovely noise:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Try this.It can't hurt.

With your car off.

Go out to your car and pump your clutch pedal 10-15 times to make sure the air is purged out of the hydrolic line. Pump the brake pedal too. They share the same resivoir.

Then start your car.

I did this and it cured my problem after my new tranny install. My noise is gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Grabber, I will give it a try. My noise is a little different than yours though. My boyfriend will be posting a video/audio clip in here tonight. His name is Ridin Dirty, not real sure where he will post.
Deb

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a link to my mowers site's video page sorry but it's the only way I could upload the video's. The video on the left is sitting inside the car towards the end you can see that I move the shifter to the right then left and you can hear the sound it makes. The one on the right is taking from outside the car as you can tell. If anyone else's car sounds like this please enlighten us. A quote from the dealer said that because the car is mainly bought by individuals that just park them in a garage and don't drive them on a regular basis they have no other problems to associate this problem with.

http://www.kushielsdartracingmower.com/html/video.html

Thanks,
Ridin Dirty

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I have a terrible noise. I am arguing with the SVT team right now. Nothing that sounds this bad can possibly be normal!!!. We will be posting a video/audio clip tonight on the problems/dealerservice forum under the 1st thread.
Debbie
You're right. That is a terrible noise that is not normal. I've not heard anything like that to date. You need to take it in for service.:bandit:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Grabber,
Tried several times, the car wouldn't make the noise right now. It is intermittent, the next time it makes it I will try it and let you know. The video was a good example of it and at times is even louder.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Does it only do it when it's cold. If so, leave the car at the dealer over night or trailer it there in the morning some day.

Let them hear it cold.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You're right. That is a terrible noise that is not normal. I've not heard anything like that to date. You need to take it in for service.:bandit:
We have had it in for service twice now. The first time they told us it was (A Bearing)insufficiently greased at the factory. They said they couldn't find anything else wrong. That was at about 1000 miles, just had it back in last week and the mechanics and service manager heard the noise, told me it wasn't normal. I got ticked off at one of the office people for taking my car out without permission, what I didn't know is it turns out he is the SVT connection but still, he should of had some kind of permission. And all of a sudden, the noise is a normal gear rollover noise. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!:flame: Listen to the clip and judge for yourself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it only do it when it's cold. If so, leave the car at the dealer over night or trailer it there in the morning some day.

Let them hear it cold.
No Grabber, there is no telling when it is going to do it, but most times it is when it has been sitting idiling for a while.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts