Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to my mowers site's video page sorry but it's the only way I could upload the video's. The video on the left is sitting inside the car towards the end you can see that I move the shifter to the right then left and you can hear the sound it makes. The one on the right is taking from outside the car as you can tell. If anyone else's car sounds like this please enlighten us. A quote from the dealer said that because the car is mainly bought by individuals that just park them in a garage and don't drive them on a regular basis they have no other problems to associate this problem with.

http://www.kushielsdartracingmower.com/html/video.html

Thanks,
Ridin Dirty

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Have your dealer call the Ford Hot line and have him explain the situation to the Hotline service person. Ask your dealer specifically to request that the clutch and tranny engineer give them some assistance on the situation.

That is a very strange noise that I have never heard from any members cars as of yet.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Here is a link to my mowers site's video page sorry but it's the only way I could upload the video's. The video on the left is sitting inside the car towards the end you can see that I move the shifter to the right then left and you can hear the sound it makes. The one on the right is taking from outside the car as you can tell. If anyone else's car sounds like this please enlighten us. A quote from the dealer said that because the car is mainly bought by individuals that just park them in a garage and don't drive them on a regular basis they have no other problems to associate this problem with.

http://www.kushielsdartracingmower.com/html/video.html

Thanks,
Ridin Dirty

The mower video is very cool!

Is that you that fell off? :lol:

I would do what Rob suggested, that doesn't sound good at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LOL, it is the cooolest thing. These guys fly on those things. Ridin Dirty takes 1st everytime he finishes :pinklove: Also check out www.nasgrass.com that is one of the racing clubs he belongs to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Follow Grabber's advice, but from the sound of it, I would say that your pressure plate and/or clutch disc(s) is getting hung up and rubbing against the flywheel.

Does the clutch pedal feel soft? Does the clutch engage when the pedal is near the floor, or does it engage close to the top of the pedal's stroke?

If the clutch pedal feels soft and the clutch engages closer to the end of the pedal's stroke, then that would be signs that the clutch is shot and the bumping noise you are hearing is probably the clutch disc's rivets rubbing against the pressure plate.

If the clutch engages closer to the floor, essentally normally, the noise could be caused by a bad CSC (throw out bearing) or a bad 1st/Reverse syncro in the transmission.

Ultimately and obviously, the car needs to be taken in to the dealer for a proper determination of cause.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Here's what those rivits look like on a GT500 good clutch with 3500 miles wear on it. My clutch was dragging so it saw some heat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have taken the car too two different dealers and they both claim that the noise is the normal gear roll over noise. The first dealer said that the pilot bushing was not properly lubed when the tranny was installed and that was all they found wrong.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
We have taken the car too two different dealers and they both claim that the noise is the normal gear roll over noise. The first dealer said that the pilot bushing was not properly lubed when the tranny was installed and that was all they found wrong.
You need to insist that they call customer service or the SVT dept. I don't remember the number, but they know the issue...not the dealer.

A dealer will do all they can to get out of doing warranty work because it doesn't pay them well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts