Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there. I have a 2006 Saleen SC that is Lizstick red. I have a JDM Stage II kit (460 rwhp), Signed Dash, HID's, tire/Rim package, High Performance Cooling package. MSRP was 72,665. To me, if you are into keeping cars for a long time, there is no doubt this will be valuable as the color is extremely rare ($18,000 option). I am interested in possible trading for a GT500. Please respond with any interest. My logic is for short term sale, I think the GT500 may be worth a little more, but at the same time if I wanted to keep a car, I would hands down keep the Saleen. It is extremely unique. I am located in Southern NJ if anyone is interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just throwing this out there. I have a 2006 Saleen SC that is Lizstick red. I have a JDM Stage II kit (460 rwhp), Signed Dash, HID's, tire/Rim package, High Performance Cooling package. MSRP was 72,665. To me, if you are into keeping cars for a long time, there is no doubt this will be valuable as the color is extremely rare ($18,000 option). I am interested in possible trading for a GT500. Please respond with any interest. My logic is for short term sale, I think the GT500 may be worth a little more, but at the same time if I wanted to keep a car, I would hands down keep the Saleen. It is extremely unique. I am located in Southern NJ if anyone is interested. Thanks!
ZZzzzzzz.........not saying anything.....just wondering who would pay $18,000 for a paint job?.....and $72,665 for a Saleen with no warranty? (I realize at the time it had one). I don't mean to be a d**k but I just don't see this happening. You better sell locally and accept the fact that your car is worth 1/2....sorry.....God I really don't want to be an assh*le but I have got to tell the truth, something my parents instilled in me.:zlurking:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZZzzzzzz.........not saying anything.....just wondering who would pay $18,000 for a paint job?.....and $72,665 for a Saleen with no warranty? (I realize at the time it had one). I don't mean to be a d**k but I just don't see this happening. You better sell locally and accept the fact that your car is worth 1/2....sorry.....God I really don't want to be an assh*le but I have got to tell the truth, something my parents instilled in me.:zlurking:
Warrantys are back up on Saleens. Steve Saleen announced all warrantys are covered through SMS (his new company now). Secondly, I am the 2nd owner, and would never pay that kind of money for paint. Lastly, aren't we all in that boat? GT500's were going for well over invoice, and now they can be had for 35k on Ebay. Just matters how unique you want to be. I know this car is worth as much which is why I mentioned the trade. I would like to see someone who will keep a car, and take care of it have mine. Mine is not something that you would drive all of the time. Too rare for that. Definitely a collectors car. I did not realize how rare it was when I bought it to be honest, and do not drive it a lot cause I am worried about it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's great that Saleen stepped up to the plate with the warranty's, best of luck to you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
To this day, I have yet to see another car depreciate as fast as a Saleen.

I was very close to buying an 08 Extreme last year when I opted for the Shelby instead. When I saw the resale of used ones being sold... I almost fell out of my chair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you compare apples to apples, we would need to compare the GT500KR to the extreme, which is also shockingly depreciating quickly. I think if you compare the two in the same timeframe, it is not that far off. If you compare a Saleen SC to a GT500, my guess is they are extremely close in depreciation. I see the KR's in the low 50's already on Ebay. I was faced with the same choice, and opted for the Saleen. I have no regrets, I just really change vehicles a lot.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts