Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
‘22 GT500 ‘14 GT500 ‘66 GT350H
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took on a lot of CFTP parts in order to have a set of CF wheels.
Ideally I’d like to trade someone new take out Recaros for a set of base seats plus cash.
Please let me know if you’re interested.
I’m in NW Ohio and willing to meet.
-J

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
54,197 Posts
I just took on a lot of CFTP parts in order to have a set of CF wheels.
Ideally I’d like to trade someone new take out Recaros for a set of base seats plus cash.
Please let me know if you’re interested.
I’m in NW Ohio and willing to meet.
-J
Are you putting these in your 2014? You don’t have a 2020+ listed under your screen name.

Reactions: GT500 The Mistress

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
54,197 Posts
Jay has that beautiful eruption green with the signature gold wheels. If I’m not mistaken
Ahh, bad ass! He doesn’t have that one listed. Just the 2014.

· Registered
'22 GT500
42 Posts
If this is for 20+ model, I was told by someone at SVT or Shelby…can’t recall…but they clarified the airbag sensors and deployment (should that matter) is set differently based on seats.

I suppose you can swap them, but there maybe other things to consider beyond seat looks and comfort preference.

· Super Moderator
8,555 Posts
If this is for 20+ model, I was told by someone at SVT or Shelby…can’t recall…but they clarified the airbag sensors and deployment (should that matter) is set differently based on seats.

I suppose you can swap them, but there maybe other things to consider beyond seat looks and comfort preference.
Have you asked Ford Performance? I’ve never heard that before. It’s unlikely because a 5’ person or 6’ person would make a bigger difference than the seat height difference. The side curtains deploy wide and others are really big.

· Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I updated my vehicles but still couldn’t completely update my signature. I’ll play with it later but yes that is my ‘22 (thanks Manny) and I also have a ‘14 amongst other interesting Mustangs.
-J

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have a friend who swapped them in a ‘12 and only had to change one sensor. I’ve been told the base/Recaro swap in a ‘20-22 is bolt in and no issues.
Again, I bought these as part of a CFTP deal mainly just to get the wheels so I’ll be posting the seats and wing and a few other things but for now ideally I’d like to trade these for base seats plus cash.
I’ll have some pics posted soon but I know some base GT500 owners are looking for Recaros to swap.
-J

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
54,197 Posts
I updated my vehicles but still couldn’t completely update my signature. I’ll play with it later but yes that is my ‘22 (thanks Manny) and I also have a ‘14 amongst other interesting Mustangs.
-J

View attachment 259158 View attachment 259157 View attachment 259160 View attachment 259159
Love the green! Thanks for updating your years. As for your signature, click your upper right avatar, account settings, signature. You can put a picture in there as well. Be sure to click SAVE at the bottom of the page.

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
54,197 Posts
Are the recaros still available. Taking delivery on a 2022 with base seats.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 500! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts