Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just curious...you guys that have been running on the track on street tires, have you done any runs with traction control on just to see what the 60' times were? I know that reduces the fun factor a ton, just curious if anyone had tried it.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Hi all,

Just curious...you guys that have been running on the track on street tires, have you done any runs with traction control on just to see what the 60' times were? I know that reduces the fun factor a ton, just curious if anyone had tried it.

Thanks,

Rob
Yeah. Lots of times. The traction control can be, uh, tweaked. I know of at least one tuner that makes it more progressive so it doesn't just fall on it's butt once the slippage starts. PM me for the name.

If it's stock, it'll just suck. Ford referred to it as "launch control" very early on. Supposedly you could bring it up to 2,500 or so and launch at full throttle with the TC playing with the timing and fuel just enough to allow you to make max power to the wheels without much spin. Great idea in theory. Didn't work so well.

bj

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it's stock, it'll just suck. Ford referred to it as "launch control" very early on. Supposedly you could bring it up to 2,500 or so and launch at full throttle with the TC playing with the timing and fuel just enough to allow you to make max power to the wheels without much spin. Great idea in theory. Didn't work so well.

bj
I believe Chevy is offering this in the Corvette for 2010. King of like a 2-step with traction control. Test videos look good but they admit that it can't beat a skilled human.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts