Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
130 Posts
Great couple days at charlotte track Attack 5/9-5/10/22 had a blast met some new friends and learned a lot about car
Nice! I’ll be there this Mon 5/16, have already tracked and dragged mine, any tips? Will have GoPro in car and wife with camcorder. Any good merch to purchase? How was food at reception and lunch?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Nice! I’ll be there this Mon 5/16, have already tracked and dragged mine, any tips? Will have GoPro in car and wife with camcorder. Any good merch to purchase? How was food at reception and lunch?
They have some nice shirts/jackets. If you see something you like when you arrive in the morning you may want to get it then. Lunch was sandwiches, cookies, chips, fruit and a drink. They also have snacks/water before lunch available.
I did not attend the reception.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Great couple days at charlotte track Attack 5/9-5/10/22 had a blast met some new friends and learned a lot about car
Such a cool experience!

I moved your post here to our racing section.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford GT500
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything was great any murchandise they have that you want if not your size Jake will ship it to you. If you have already attended HPDE events this will be soso we had fun fun but in my opinion track days are a lot more fun in my opinion of coarse it depends on the group you are affiliated with. We are part of Jzilla,Chin, Etc

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 CFTP HE June 24th
102 Posts
I was there a couple weeks ago. Merc was average at best. Not many options in Color’s or sizes. Food was the same. Sandwich and drink, but wasn’t there to eat. I did hope for a better selection of clothing options.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
130 Posts
I was there a couple weeks ago. Merc was average at best. Not many options in Color’s or sizes. Food was the same. Sandwich and drink, but wasn’t there to eat. I did hope for a better selection of clothing options.
Yea main thing is having decent weather, can deal with heat but rain would suck.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
130 Posts
It was 85 when I was there. Super hot when in a suit, no AC and windows up. Lost a lot of weight, but got it back drinking beer later that night! Lol
Looking like similar or higher temps forecasted Mon ugh, changing constantly. Windows up on dragstrip yes, but on road course too? With NASA NE we run windows down on track even in rain. Will bring cooler bag for water.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Looking like similar or higher temps forecasted Mon ugh, changing constantly. Windows up on dragstrip yes, but on road course too? With NASA NE we run windows down on track even in rain. Will bring cooler bag for water.
You can have the windows down on the track and they have bottled water available. At the drag strip while you’re waiting your turn you can lower the windows. Hope you have nice weather.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
130 Posts
You can have the windows down on the track and they have bottled water available. At the drag strip while you’re waiting your turn you can lower the windows. Hope you have nice weather.
Good to know and thanks re weather, that's going to make or break the day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys for the informative information relating to your Track day experience. Yes, Ill be there myself Tuesday May 17th for my track day experience Wednesday May 18th. Hopefully the weather will be agreeable with us that day. The information you all provided is very helpful to know as too what to expect while there. I appreciate it. Prince

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Thanks guys for the informative information relating to your Track day experience. Yes, Ill be there myself Tuesday May 17th for my track day experience Wednesday May 18th. Hopefully the weather will be agreeable with us that day. The information you all provided is very helpful to know as too what to expect while there. I appreciate it. Prince
It will be an experience you never forget! 🤟

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby Mustang GT500, Rapid Red
8 Posts
You will have a blast. I was there end of April for TrackAttack and 2nd day racing school. Instructors are great and will make sure you have an enjoyable time. You will learn alot! Great running the GT500's but 2nd day all on the track was maybe little better. We had some rain, but still got out there and got after it! Thinking about going back next year for track days. Well worth it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts