Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT 500 velocity blue,
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to book my gt500 track attack. My question is , is the second day really worth the $. 1700.00 seems pricey but if its worth it , I'm in. Any body do it yet? Any feed back would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
69 Posts
I went in Aug on a week when they didn't offer the second day. In hindsight, I think a second day would have been awesome after getting the feel of the car and the track on day 1 (was my first track experience). They really run the driving school very well. I have to imagine day 2 would be fewer students too.

·
Registered
2020 gt500 Ford performance blue base model.
138 Posts
I went with the second day in the Mustang gt. I dare say I think I had more fun the second day. I would book a second day and third day all day long!!!! Just my.02 worth. Plus I had so much fun with my group. Great people. Another day of hanging out and drinking/dinner afterwords!!! I doubt you would regret spending the $$$coin. More track time and just plain fun!!!!

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
I did the one day twice. The second time through was double the fun… I knew the track and was placed in the “fast group.”

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
443 Posts
I’ll be arriving in Charlotte at 10am on Saturday, and track attacking on Monday. I didn’t do the 2nd day because I have to be back in Minnesota on Wednesday AM for a Sporting Clay event.

I am rolling solo, I think I’m gonna hit the NASCAR Hall of Fame on Saturday, and the Mustang Museum on Sunday before the banquet. Probably find a steak and some beer

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts
I’ll be arriving in Charlotte at 10am on Saturday, and track attacking on Monday. I didn’t do the 2nd day because I have to be back in Minnesota on Wednesday AM for a Sporting Clay event.

I am rolling solo, I think I’m gonna hit the NASCAR Hall of Fame on Saturday, and the Mustang Museum on Sunday before the banquet. Probably find a steak and some beer
If you like barbecue would highly recommend Midwood Smokehouse: 5/5.
Food Tableware Plate Ingredient Recipe

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
You guys can take your own cameras/phones and mount them anywhere inside the car. It’s a good backup for their video system, which doesn’t always work.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
4 Posts
Just joined the forum and will also be attending the Track Attack. Haven't figured out flight and rental yet but am doing the 2nd day and got signed up today. Once I figure out my arrangements, I'll come back and hopefully we'll have more people involved in the discussion.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Just joined the forum and will also be attending the Track Attack. Haven't figured out flight and rental yet but am doing the 2nd day and got signed up today. Once I figure out my arrangements, I'll come back and hopefully we'll have more people involved in the discussion.
It’s an insanely fun day John! You are going to have a frigg’n BLAST! 🤟

·
Registered
2020 GT500
269 Posts
Not sure why I’m even driving a GT500, Alamo hooked me up with a Hyundai Elantra and that baby has sport mode
Street racer secrets revealed: turn off A/C! Instant +10hp! It's like hitting nitrous...

• Haha
Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Not sure why I’m even driving a GT500, Alamo hooked me up with a Hyundai Elantra and that baby has sport mode
A word of caution… I left the track and drove my rental car to the airport to fly back home the first time through… you just might feel the car shaking and about to come apart after leaving the track. That’s when you look down and see the car giving everything it has at about 120. 😬 :cool::LOL:

Your internal speed calibration will be skewed after a day at the track.🤟

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
443 Posts
A word of caution… I left the track and drove my rental car to the airport to fly back home the first time through… you just might feel the car shaking and about to come apart after leaving the track. That’s when you look down and see the car giving everything it has at about 120. 😬 :cool::LOL:

Your internal speed calibration will be skewed after a day at the track.🤟
I was thinking that, kinda like the brake dynamics of driving my truck after a weekend of running the GT500....I’ve experienced some sketchy moments there

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
I was thinking that, kinda like the brake dynamics of driving my truck after a weekend of running the GT500....I’ve experienced some sketchy moments there
Funny and YES! I’ve gone into tighter turns at “Mustang speeds” more than once when driving my truck!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Reactions: Jetfire
1 - 18 of 18 Posts