Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a P2135 CEL and DID find an exposed wire in the TPS harness. I wrapped it good with some electrical tape but still seem to be having issues. Car threw the code again last week so I ordered a new TPS and wiring harness. When I received the replacement motorcraft TPS from Rock auto it sounds like it has marbles rattling aroung in it. Is this normal or did it get damaged during shipping? They shipped it in a padded mailer instead of a box, and shipped the harness in a box go figure.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of exposed wire
20191016_095001.jpg

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a P2135 CEL and DID find an exposed wire in the TPS harness. I wrapped it good with some electrical tape but still seem to be having issues. Car threw the code again last week so I ordered a new TPS and wiring harness. When I received the replacement motorcraft TPS from Rock auto it sounds like it has marbles rattling aroung in it. Is this normal or did it get damaged during shipping? They shipped it in a padded mailer instead of a box, and shipped the harness in a box go figure.
Gonna answer my own question here, yes it is normal for the tps sensor to rattle around as the part that rattles is attached to the throttle blade tab. New unit worked fine even though sent in a padded mailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts