Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Youtuber Speed Phenom posted a fun video. He starts out with his mother in the right seat while he tortures her on the track. I got some good laughs on this. After she taps-out, he sets out solo and drives the hell out of his base 2020!

After watching the entire video, some things I’d like to highlight... he is driving a base car on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. These are not track-focused tires and you can see in the video how he would benefit from better grip (and more aero downforce). He would also benefit from adjustable strut top mounts and a track alignment vs. a street setup. This video shows the shift indicator HUD nicely. He passes some impressive cars! Finally, he drove the piss out of this car all day long with zero heat soak or brake fade. That is an amazing accomplishment with a boosted 4000 pound car! Kudos to Ford Performance for delivering such an animal! (y)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
That is funny, brings back some memories from when I had my 95' and I took my mom for a ride. The main street from our house was a nice remote 1/4 mile straightaway. I got on it and she started franticaly reaching for her seatbelt and I had to remind her, she had already put it on!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Car moves. I would NOT recommend closing one's eyes.

I'm curious about the run groups he heads out in. He's gapping and passing and gapping some more, but everyone in front of him are missing apexes and generally driving like novices. I'm not an expert, but I run in the intermediate groups generally and there is a significant gap in experience between that and the novice first-timers with big hp cars that have no experience in pushing them.

Car is capable - no doubt. But a GT3RS or Z06 shouldn't have to yield that easily

1 - 4 of 4 Posts