Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Well finally got my gears put in... I know I am way behind with the mods compared to allot of you, just to many projects not enough time :( But I am finishing up with all of them so now I can focus back on the Shelby. My question is torque settings for the factory drive shaft. Can anyone tell me what they should be torqued at ?

Tonight I put the Lower Control arms on, new differential TA cover, fill up the rear with fluid and back on the road again. Next on the list is pulley, plugs, injectors, drive shaft, new rims. Than I think I am done... well unless someone comes out with a throttle body for the beast I would like to do that but will no way go into the motor or change the supercharger so I guess I will be done with performance mods.

Later all,

Bill

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hello All,

Well finally got my gears put in... I know I am way behind with the mods compared to allot of you, just to many projects not enough time :( But I am finishing up with all of them so now I can focus back on the Shelby. My question is torque settings for the factory drive shaft. Can anyone tell me what they should be torqued at ?

Tonight I put the Lower Control arms on, new differential TA cover, fill up the rear with fluid and back on the road again. Next on the list is pulley, plugs, injectors, drive shaft, new rims. Than I think I am done... well unless someone comes out with a throttle body for the beast I would like to do that but will no way go into the motor or change the supercharger so I guess I will be done with performance mods.

Later all,

Bill
Bill the driveshaft flange bolts (four bolts) should be torqued to 76 lb-ft. and the CV joint bolts (6 bolts) should be torqued to 41 lb-ft. Good to hear from you and good luck with the installs.;) Did you go with 3.73?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the spec's. I did go with 3.73 gears, seems the best choice for me and what I want out of it. Been working on my motorcycle to get it ready for some races and than this weekend hit a damn deer at 45mph, so now I have another project to work on... fixing my bike :(

See picture below: Good thing I was not hurt, and I have deer jerky in the freezer.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts