Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what folks have been able to achieve as a REAL top speed, and what mods they have done.

I've only been just over 100 and only a couple of times, and the zero to 60 is where I live, BUT, a guy I work with has a modified (Supercharged) Viper (think its an 03) and was asking. I'm sure its good for at least 160, but would be curious if anyone has been over this...

TD

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not sure how accurate they are, but using one of those consmer radar guns a friend owns, I have hit 141 once on I35 between Faribault and Northfield MN., but in Minnesota, a ticket for over 100 mph can result in a 6 mnth liscence suspension, not to metion would have a significant imact on insurance. I will save further racing for the track.

There is a limiter around 155. I am not sure what the numbers would be with that bypassed or disabled.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually stay within 10 mph of limit unless I happen to be passing someone.
I agree that any racing or excessive displays of speed should be kept at a track.
That said, most tunes I am pretty sure disable the speed limiter.
Never seen a consumer radar gun before.
Thanks for the post.

TD

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Curious what folks have been able to achieve as a REAL top speed, and what mods they have done.

I've only been just over 100 and only a couple of times, and the zero to 60 is where I live, BUT, a guy I work with has a modified (Supercharged) Viper (think its an 03) and was asking. I'm sure its good for at least 160, but would be curious if anyone has been over this...

TD
There was a guy who posted on TS 210MPH I believe . It was on the Autobaun in Europe. He actually posted a vid of it because no one believed him.

Sorry I don't have a link maybe you could do a search.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This topic was discussed on TS website. they had a bunch of guys with GPS and videos. I think there was one guy who gps verified 193 mph with just cold air/tune/pulley.
But i also saw the video of the guy on the autobahn going over 200 mph. from a dead start with a gps to verify.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
GT500 owners can't whisper even one Zoom when accelerating because of the G' forces at work....especially those equipped with the TVS .:roller:

·
Registered
202 Posts
The song has three, the actors whisper two.

I stand corrected. What was this thread about, anyway?

Ah yes, top speed. As I said before, I intend to keep the speeding to the track. As a result, I have ageed to try my hand at the 1/4 mile next Saturday at ROck Creek in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Never done this before.

Any idea where I should stand with 515 RWHP, asuuming I don't screw it up...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I stand corrected. What was this thread about, anyway?

Ah yes, top speed. As I said before, I intend to keep the speeding to the track. As a result, I have ageed to try my hand at the 1/4 mile next Saturday at ROck Creek in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Never done this before.

Any idea where I should stand with 515 RWHP, asuuming I don't screw it up...
with stock tires/gears/suspension and about the same RWHP 503hp/489tq I was able to get [email protected]
Hope this helps.
JJ

·
Registered
861 Posts
My guess was around 12. Thanks for the confirmation!
As soon as you spin your tires you are losing time. to launch the car on stock tires you kinda have to ride the clutch a little. my worse time that day was like 12.58

Good Luck and have fun.

JJ

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Where are the smart people?

W/ 560 RWHP and 3:73 gears, what could an average driver make in the 1/4 mile pass? Seconds and speed.

What type top speed would be posible? I know we have heard the 193mph and the over 200, but what were their mods?

Don't we have a mathematition on the site that can punch some numbers?

:lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts