Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was sunny and 68 degrees so we decided it was time to take the convertible on the Parkway. A local 2007 GT500 rolled up on my tail as we were climbing the mountain. We pulled over at a lookout spot to chat, I didn't know the driver. Then 2 new Mustang Mach E's rolled up and stopped behind us. Before I could realize what they were they took off. I told my wife we were going to catch them at the next stop. We drove up to Craggy Gardens and I parked as close as I could get to them. They looked pretty nice, actually kinda like all other small SUV's. Talked to the Engineers driving them. They needed some Mountains to test them on. They said they were headed back to Michigan tomorrow. I asked how they handled the curvy roads and they said very well, due to the low center mass of the batteries. Like it or not, name controversy aside if I was in the market for an electric SUV I would definitely be interested in this one. Here's a few pics of the trip:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,046 Posts
Nice pics Mike!

The naming controversy has some in a tizzy, but I think this new “Mustang” is going to be a big hit for Ford.

·
Registered
'11 Sterling Gray GT500 '13 DIB GT Prem. 'Vert.
182 Posts
Nice pics Mike! The naming controversy has some in a tizzy, but I think this new “Mustang” is going to be a big hit for Ford.
My wife finally saw a TV ad for it and started screaming "That's not a Mustang!" ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,288 Posts
Awesome!!! Glad you got out and enjoyed the BPR -- absolutely beautiful up there. And when the trees are bare, you can see forever from the road. (y)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,046 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
On the plus side the parts will be interchangeable!

Side note - Those are sweet bushwhackers on the original Mazda. Maybe Ford can steal those for the Wide Bod-E edition?

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,936 Posts
Inform her that she can be replaced. ?
Ouch...Tough crowd.

To which she'd respond "So can you" and she wouldn't be wrong. Think I'll pass on that recommendation thank you very much.
Smart man!

On the plus side the parts will be interchangeable!

Side note - Those are sweet bushwhackers on the original Mazda. Maybe Ford can steal those for the Wide Bod-E edition?
That’s funny right there. Nice play on words with the -E

Reactions: BLKwRD14
1 - 10 of 10 Posts