Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally took the beast to the strip today to see how it would do. Well the first mistake was taking it on a day that was 92 degrees outside.. to say it was hot as balls is an understatement. One thing I learned is the car does not like heat... and even with the hood up between runs the motor was still hot. Next time I go will be in the fall with cooler temps and of course more mods.

The video clip was the very first run... and the last video since nobody charged the battery the night before. I will post up my time slip ASAP, leaving tomorrow for a business trip and need to pack right now, but wanted to at least show you my 1st run.

Best run of the day was my 4th and last run which was 12.37. Not bad since I had the AC on (sorry it was just to hot with the windows up not to have the ac running, and I had some OZZY playing... the song was Crazy Train... I think it helped :)

Ran the best with Traction Control Off
Tire Pressure 29 pounds
No burn outs, just clean the tires after the water pit
Left the line around 1,500 (thanks to the post from Justin at VMP) He is right if you dump the clutch or mash it you go up in smoke so better to feather it a little than hammer it :)

Will go back in fall with Pulley Mod, New Drive Shaft, Cooler Plugs, and hopefully someone will have a throttle body out for the beast by than.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHzc7CLtzZk

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Was that bone stock? or did you have tires/gears/CAI......was anything done to the car at all?
thanks JJ

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's correct.

If you click on his web link for the gt500, it shows all the mods he's done to his car.

Looks very nice! :D

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking the beast back to the strip in 3 more weeks, this time with new drive shaft and stage II installed. I want to be in the 11's but with 90 degree heat might be tuff. I will have more Ozzy playing when I go :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts