Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday took a little road trip to Aston PA to see the boys at Evolution Performance. I must tell you that it is a first class operation. The picture of their building is just a small part of it, they have 2 other buildings. They do custom exhaust and they have a tire and wheel shop. I was there for about 6 hours. I spent allot of time with Nelson he showed me around, I rode in a 800hp Shelby (scary fast) talked about the things they do to the Shelby’s, and some top secret projects that are really cool but I am sworn not to talk about them. Went out to lunch with them and truly had a great time.

Fred is the guy behind the computer, he is a man of few words so don’t take it personally if he doesn’t talk allot on the phone, While I was there he must of answered about 50 phone calls so don’t hold it against him if he doesn’t want to carry on 2 hour phone conversations.

I am terrible with names but at the main building there is 3 other members of the team Ashley is the young lady that also answers the phone and takes care of the administration part of the business and 2 other good guys forgot there names (Sorry Guys) but everyone there is so passionate about the Shelby it is not just a business for them. You wouldn’t believe how much money they have spent and are spending to stay on the cutting edge.

I realize there are some conflicts with the different companies that tune out there and nobody is perfect but at the end of the day it is just about taking care of the customer, there is plenty of work for everyone and these guys are truly down to earth, and have no attitude about who they are or come off as being cocky. Of course if you flame them for something you might get flamed back but that is just part of the golden rule.

So for those of you that have been there you know what I am talking about, for those that have not and you live close enough it is worth the drive. Also if you visit it helps if you have a credit card with no balance.

Thank you Fred and Nelson for everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The people at Evo are top notch.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can't say enough about Evo. I'm over 700hp with a stock blower. I swing by there every chance I get. It's an obsession.

And the other two guys around the shop - probably Shawn and Chuck. The two guys across the street - Nelson Jr. and Steve. All very good at what they do - and considerate of the customer. I do whatever they say.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Can't say enough about Evo. I'm over 700hp with a stock blower. I swing by there every chance I get. It's an obsession.

And the other two guys around the shop - probably Shawn and Chuck. The two guys across the street - Nelson Jr. and Steve. All very good at what they do - and considerate of the customer. I do whatever they say.
How the heck did you get up to 700hp on a stock blower. I did everything I could just to get to 606.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How the heck did you get up to 700hp on a stock blower. I did everything I could just to get to 606.
Understand that's 620 rwhp and 600 rwtq. Add 15% and you over 700 at the crank.

The only changes - Evo/JLT CAI, upper 2.6, lower IW 4lb, mono blade TB and 93 octane tune. Now that's FM in my book.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Understand that's 620 rwhp and 600 rwtq. Add 15% and you over 700 at the crank.

The only changes - Evo/JLT CAI, upper 2.6, lower IW 4lb, mono blade TB and 93 octane tune. Now that's FM in my book.
Gotcha. I thought you were saying 700 rwhp. :bandit:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts