Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 GT500 with Kooks long Tubes/Catted X I have tried Magnaflow and Corsa they are way to raspy and poppy sounding the corsa were horrible sound like a machine gun taking off, looking for that deep mustang sound any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,Gizz

·
Registered
373 Posts
borlas are deap sounding too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
H-pipe?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my corsa's. Tey never "pop" and are not raspy either. Sorry your having problems.
Click on Video
Grabber Do you have LT Headers on your car? I think that might be my problem, Probably just need to put manifolds back on mine,just not happy with sound at all with the headers.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Once I did 3 inch exhaust all the way back including the 3 inch X pipe no Cats my car has the sound sound. I went with FlowMasters and they are to loud and have a terrible drone around 65-70. The exhaust shop said I need a big body muffler, and to stay away from the short body muffler or the can mufflers, that they would be to loud. So the question is who makes a big body muffler ?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have an 08 GT500 with Kooks long Tubes/Catted X I have tried Magnaflow and Corsa they are way to raspy and poppy sounding the corsa were horrible sound like a machine gun taking off, looking for that deep mustang sound any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,Gizz
Which Magnaflow did you go with? The 2.5" system has no rasp with Kook lt's. I have the Frpp svt specific catback and have no raspiness and that is with kooks lt's and catted x.

BTW...any good muffler or performance shop should be able to make you an h-pipe. Kooks has said they will do it for me but I have to take it to their shop on Long Island.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I am going to try the Magna Flow in the spring, I will need the 3inch muffler so what every they have that will fit. I have put the Shelby on the back burner because I bought a new toy and that gets all the attention right now :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hey Fred (07 Shelby) has Kooks headers and Catted X but is running Ford Racing Mufflers (#M-5230-SGT) and I think it sounds awesome. I believe other on here have heard his car as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts