Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
View attachment 225984 View attachment 225985
I like your username! I’ve always had a liking for fames too! This was my first fox body, made it into the MM&FF in the mid 90’s.
Your hoods going to look great!
It’s an old old name I made up back in the Yahoo Messeger days… kind of borrows from the slang by the New England area. “Man, that ca is wicked awesome”. So I came up with Flames Are Wicked. Always loved classic hot rod flames on 49-50 Mercs.. Rockabilly.. etc etc

·
Registered
2012 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So a change of plans.. I found a Cervinis 4 inch cowl already painted black about 4hrs from me for not much more than repainting the other hood. I also wouldn’t have the downtime of the paint shop. So I drove down there with no hood.. car filthy from the rain and farmers ruining the roads.. felt like I was on an episode of Roadkill (love that show). I actually gotten thumbs up on my trip lol.

did a quick once over with some soap.. there’s more rain coming this weekend sadly.. I’m so muchhappier with this hood anyhow. The other wasn’t terrible but very rough in comparison. Not to say it couldn’t be just as nice but it’ll take some work by a good body tech. I’m gonna sell the red one cheap.. anyhow, some quick shots after the wash..

Sky Vehicle Car Hood Automotive mirror

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
07 GT500
455 Posts
Don't sell the old one.
Flames on my wife's car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2011 GT500 Kooks LTH, Kooks xpipe, magnapak 3” exhaust, one pc aluminum DS, MGW shifter and brace
41 Posts
So a change of plans.. I found a Cervinis 4 inch cowl already painted black about 4hrs from me for not much more than repainting the other hood. I also wouldn’t have the downtime of the paint shop. So I drove down there with no hood.. car filthy from the rain and farmers ruining the roads.. felt like I was on an episode of Roadkill (love that show). I actually gotten thumbs up on my trip lol.

did a quick once over with some soap.. there’s more rain coming this weekend sadly.. I’m so muchhappier with this hood anyhow. The other wasn’t terrible but very rough in comparison. Not to say it couldn’t be just as nice but it’ll take some work by a good body tech. I’m gonna sell the red one cheap.. anyhow, some quick shots after the wash..

View attachment 228117
View attachment 228114
View attachment 228116
View attachment 228115
Love it!! Looks awesome, that black is sinister.

Reactions: FlamesAreWicked
21 - 24 of 24 Posts