3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm leaning toward the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s. Anyone heard anything good or bad about these? They rate really high on TireRack.com.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Have you guys already burned up the rear tires or are you trying to get a tire you can use under 40 degrees?
I haven't even received my Shelby yet. The rims I want (Shelby Razors) only come in 20" for the Shelby, so I'll have to get new tires too. I didn't want to, but the 18" Razors don't fit over the brakes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just resolved my flat tire issue. I don't know if anyone is interested, but if you ever have a flat in one of the GT500 tires, you will have to replace the tire and air sensor if you repair it according to Ford. Once you put the sealer in the tire it is ruined and so is the sensor. I just got a new wheel and spare tire for less than $240. The tire is not an exact size (245/40/18) but the wheel is very similiar to the stock wheel. I have put them on the front and they work fine. It looks a lot better than one of those Temp spares and it saves a lot of money if you have a flat. Hopefully someone will find this of interest. I got the wheel and tire from American Muscle, Inc. The wheel is the Black machined Shelby GT500 2005+ and the tire is a Sumitomo All Season HTR+. They were both on sale for $119.00 each when I bought them.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you guys already burned up the rear tires or are you trying to get a tire you can use under 40 degrees?

All these tires are summer tires,not to be driven near freezing temps.I am looking for something a little wider and softer.No my tires are like brand new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't even received my Shelby yet. The rims I want (Shelby Razors) only come in 20" for the Shelby, so I'll have to get new tires too. I didn't want to, but the 18" Razors don't fit over the brakes.

Prez, I was looking at the Razors as well but was told that they only come in 9" width, even the 20's. Have you found them in a wider width?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm leaning toward the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s. Anyone heard anything good or bad about these? They rate really high on TireRack.com.
Rpretzel,
The Pilots are right up there with the rest of the max summer times.I think it is a personal prefrence.I like the treads on the Goodyears and they are rated high dry or wet.The Ford people here are trying to talk me out of it,they are telling me the Goodyear F1 super tires were the best for the Shelby.They say the fronts could be a little wider though.Confused!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just resolved my flat tire issue. I don't know if anyone is interested, but if you ever have a flat in one of the GT500 tires, you will have to replace the tire and air sensor if you repair it according to Ford. Once you put the sealer in the tire it is ruined and so is the sensor. I just got a new wheel and spare tire for less than $240. The tire is not an exact size (245/40/18) but the wheel is very similiar to the stock wheel. I have put them on the front and they work fine. It looks a lot better than one of those Temp spares and it saves a lot of money if you have a flat. Hopefully someone will find this of interest. I got the wheel and tire from American Muscle, Inc. The wheel is the Black machined Shelby GT500 2005+ and the tire is a Sumitomo All Season HTR+. They were both on sale for $119.00 each when I bought them.

I agree I am not big on the fix a flat either.If I could I would use the road service.Dsabldvt,does this wheel/tire ass'y fit in the spare recess of the trunk?If so it might be a good idea what you did if you are stranded.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
The run flat option how much weight does that add to a tire or does it add any. I am leaning toward Steeda rims just because I want something light weight. Rotational weight is a killer. I have used Nitto before and they were nice. Mileage not so good but sticky all the time. Michelin pilots for motorcycles are excellent I run them on my busa, so if there street tires are the same quailty than they are excellent. My father use to work for goodyear and one thing that is true is normally the OEM tire is never as good as the replacement, reason being is a company like ford, chevy, dodge, can tell Goodyear we want to use your tires for our new model year and this is how much we are going to pay for it, so than Ford, Chevy, whoever has to figure out a way to make the tire, sell it at the price they were told and still make money...guess how they do that...lower quality. With new rims these are not going back on....if I don't switch rims than when these tires are ready to be replaced I will switch model for sure.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The tire fits in the wheel well fine except it is a little high by about an inch, maybe less. I have some pics but for some reason I can't get them to download to the site.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Prez, I was looking at the Razors as well but was told that they only come in 9" width, even the 20's. Have you found them in a wider width?
Nope, no wider rim is available. 9" is it. The stock width tires will work on a 9" rim. I don't know if you can go any wider.

Front: 255/30/20
Rear: 285/30/20

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tire fits in the wheel well fine except it is a little high by about an inch, maybe less. I have some pics but for some reason I can't get them to download to the site.

The pictures need to be resized smaller.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<plug> If you're running Microsoft Windows(tm) XP you can go download the image resizer PowerToy from the right hand side of the page here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

The download you're looking for is called Image Resizer, it's here, but never just copy in shortcuts to .exe files.
http:// download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
{just kill the spaces between `://` and `download`}

This will run through a brief install, and then let you right click on images, or a batch of images (hold down the ctrl key and click on the ones you want to resize) then right click, and choose resize images from the menu. A small widget will pop up and ask you what size you want... Choose their large, which should be say, 1024x768 or Medium, which should be 800x600, and pop, you'll have resized copies. </plug>

Yes, I work for Microsoft, what's your point? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts

Do you have a web site/ phone number? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts