Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of changing my tire size in the rear of the Shelby GT500. I was wondering if anyone has any imput for me changing it from a 285 in the rear to a 295 in the rear. Will the ride change ? Will the tire fit ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
GT500R said:
I am thinking of changing my tire size in the rear of the Shelby GT500. I was wondering if anyone has any imput for me changing it from a 285 in the rear to a 295 in the rear. Will the ride change ? Will the tire fit ?

Thanks
First thing to check is to see if a 295 is offered in the exact same tire. OEM tires are difficult to match sometimes. If offered, you won't notice any/much difference in ride. As far as fit, it probably will, but you can easily tell by visually checking clearance. The other thing you should check is the height of the tire. Different tire height will affect the speedometer reading, although likely not much for such a small change in height.

I think others may consider this change, so let us know how it works out.

Dave

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
HorseTraderDave said:
The other thing you should check is the height of the tire. Different tire height will affect the speedometer reading, although likely not much for such a small change in height.

Dave
Correct. A 295/40 tire will have a bigger profile than a 285/40, so the speedo will read lower than actual. Since the change is so small, you'll see a speedo variance of only about 1.2% in this case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts