Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tire fitment question

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  WA 2 FST 
#1 ·
Got a quick question about tire fitment.

I drive my car daily in Florida.

Want to plan ahead for some new tires when these are shot (yep, I got a lead foot and spin the tires on occasion...) Thinking that 12-15k and it'll be over for the stock tires.

Anyone tried the Nitto Invo Tires? It seems that they don't make a 285, but they do make a 295/35ZR18. You think this would work? the 555s come in standard stock fitment, and also in a 285/35/18 and a 295/45/18.
I am also thinking of the BFG KDW2s
I am not sure what's going to work best for me. Mostly drive to and from work, with no chance for tires to warm up - but in the summer its pretty hot to begin with.
If the 295s are out, this leaves essentially 3 choices, Nitto 555, Goodyear, or BFG.

What's the consensus of those who've got different tires on their car?

TD

#13 ·
Sorry... I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd share.

I recently put 305/40-18 Nitto DRs on my car and they are great, for what they are... not the best hooking DR available, but by far the most liveable if you enjoy cornering at any rate of speed. I went with 275/40-18 Nitto 555 tires up front.

The only difference in my set up and some of yours may be that I have aftermarket Fikse wheels and they are 10.5" wide in the rear, but I know a lot of people run 305s on the stock 9.5" wide tires, too.

#5 ·
My stock Goodyears lasted me only 11,000 miles...not sure why?:D

For now I put the BFG KDWs on the back.

They work much better than the goodyears when it is warm, but would love a wider tire.

I don't know a whole lot about street tires (I could tell you worlds about truck tires:D ), but I plan on doing some roadcoursing and not sure what to look for in that realm. What I have seen so far is most people just using the KDWs.

The KDWs are a much nicer 'looking' tire than stock also, if that is a factor?

#7 ·
I baby my car.:rolleyes:

#10 ·

#12 ·
I have Nitto-Invole's on my 2008 Gt with HRE wheels. My size is 245/45ZR18 & 275/40ZR18 Had them on for 20,000 miles and they have alot of tread left. I would estimate that they could go at least another 20,000 miles. Im really happy with them because they give a good comfort ride. Im planning on putting them on my 2010 Vert Shelby when ever they ship it to me.

#17 ·
Thank you very much. I have never had black wheels before on any of my various vehicles I've owned, but with the red car/black side stripes, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.