Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering what everyone's routine was for cleaning / blackening their tires. I'm looking for a product that will give a nice wet looking finish, but not come off the tire and on to the side of my car when I drive her.

Cheers.

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey guys,

I was wondering what everyone's routine was for cleaning / blackening their tires. I'm looking for a product that will give a nice wet looking finish, but not come off the tire and on to the side of my car when I drive her.

Cheers.
I also use Meguairs hot shine tire dressing - use the spray bottle instead of the aerosal and apply with a tire applicator sponge. I think it really looks good and continues to look good for several days.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does it end up all over the side of your car? Every time I put tire shine on mine it sprays all over the side of the car!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does it end up all over the side of your car? Every time I put tire shine on mine it sprays all over the side of the car!
After application it does end up on the side of the car initially, particularly with highway driving. Comes off fairly easily with quick detailer spray, but that is one of the drawbacks of using the stuff. I found it to be worse using a tire gel.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A friend of mine recommended Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance tire gel. I bought some just yesterday and used it on my Shelby before a local car show. Stuff looks great smells like grape juice too. However, it is just like any other tire shine product I have ever used...it slings off onto the side of the car. And my car is black so you really see it. I too think that using any tire shine product, it will sling onto the paint. Just the nature of the beast. But I have to have the tires looking good. It makes such a huge difference when the tires are shined up.

ps: I also wipe the tires down before I drive the car and it slings off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I dont get it either. My daily driver is a potiac Grand prix GTP- I just can't get away from those superchargers- and I use the same tire products on that car and don't have any splatter with it! My girlfriend has a Nissan Altima and I use the same tire shine for that one too, also without any splatter problems. Is it possible to be something to do with the tires on the Shelby?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Some of what we may be getting is the combination of tire shine and brake dust, sometimes, with NO tire shine, i still get spots on the rear quarters. It wipes right off, carefully, but its more of a fine powder than a gel or liquid at that time. just a thought?

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
I put the tire shine on before I wash the car, and intentionally rinse the tires off good as I'm washing. It leaves them looking nice without the spray off.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ahhhh, I shall try that, SOON as my baby is filthy! Dern Rain!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts