Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the masses. Has anyone put Drad radial tires on their car with the factory pressure sensors inside? I am running Nitto 285/35/18 on ford Oem rims, and when the tires get warm (after maybe 20 miles ) the Info Centre comes on stating Tire Inflator Sensor Fault After the tires cool the warning goes out. Took it back to the dealer and couldn't find which one was acting up. The drag tires have Nitrogen to try and control heat expansion After I put my regular tires back on no more troubles. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am sure there is a code to shut it off, but I don't know what it is!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I will check in to it later today and see if I can find anything out! I got a guy at a dealership that knows all kind of tricks to turn stuff off. But once you turn it off you can't turn it back on with out reflashing the computer. (like the the seat belt dinger)

JJ

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will check in to it later today and see if I can find anything out! I got a guy at a dealership that knows all kind of tricks to turn stuff off. But once you turn it off you can't turn it back on with out reflashing the computer. (like the the seat belt dinger)

JJ
i would think if there was a way to turn it off, evolution or someone would have done it by now?

·
Registered
861 Posts
i would think if there was a way to turn it off, evolution or someone would have done it by now?

I am talking about something different. to turn the seatbelt dinger off......it is some thing crazy like turn the key on/off 9 time flash the highbeam 5times honk the horn 6 times and then turn the key on/off 8 more times........

that is not the real code but it is something like that.

have you ever heard of such a thing.......I have seen it done.....so I know it works

jj

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think you guys ginxed me! MY LOW AIR PRESSURE WARNING comes on now. started yesturday!:mad:

Anyways, I called the ford guy I knew today and he said he would call me back if he could find anything.

He called back about 1 hour later. Said, if any of the tires are not within 2psi of each other it would trip the senors. And he couldn't find any secret codes to turn it off like the seatbelt warning beeper. He said the only way to turn it off would be in the computer some how. He also said, "you might try unpluging the negative battery cable for about 15min after you set your tire pressure."

Well I have set my tire pressure to 34 all the way around and the damn warning is still coming on.:rolleyes:

I guess I will jsut have to hit reset everytime I get in the car.

sorry I couldn't help....I tried:confused:

JJ

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just found this info out! This was posted on another forum!

youhave to buy this tool or take to the dealer.

"I will next time as I bought the same tool they used.........Bartec $350 u.s., but really was not a big deal, 5 min fix and they did not drive it, I did after the retrain for a couple of miles and done deal. I wanted the tool so when I get my new wheels with bands and sensors, then I can do my own "

The retraining sequence is this:

1. with the key "off" depress the brake pedal and release
2. turn the key from off to on 3 times and leave it on
3. while the key is in the "on" position, depress and release the brake pedal
4. turn the key "off" and "on" 3 more times
5. after the third turn to on, the car will honk twice and the information center will read "train L/F"
6. place the training box on the left front sidewall 180 degrees from the valve stem and press the "test" button on the box
7. the car will honk once and the information center will now read " train R/F"
8. repeat for the rest of the tires

The sensor has a motion detector in it that turns the sensor off automatically after 30 minutes of no movement so you may need to move the car a little before you start the training sequence.

You need to retrain or replace the sensor if it is broken, when the message center displays "tire pressure sensor failure". This is different from the low pressure warning light which looks like a yellow tire cross section.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you guys ginxed me! MY LOW AIR PRESSURE WARNING comes on now. started yesturday!:mad:

Anyways, I called the ford guy I knew today and he said he would call me back if he could find anything.

He called back about 1 hour later. Said, if any of the tires are not within 2psi of each other it would trip the senors. And he couldn't find any secret codes to turn it off like the seatbelt warning beeper. He said the only way to turn it off would be in the computer some how. He also said, "you might try unpluging the negative battery cable for about 15min after you set your tire pressure."

Well I have set my tire pressure to 34 all the way around and the damn warning is still coming on.:rolleyes:

I guess I will jsut have to hit reset everytime I get in the car.

sorry I couldn't help....I tried:confused:

JJ
JJ Had that same info come up the day I had my car up on stands and had the wheels off. After I put it back down that same thing came up on the dash, but after I drove it down the rode, and restarted it again it went out. You may have a bad sensor, maybe have the dealer check it out for you, they were able to check all of mine in a matter of minutes. Hope this helps, take care Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts