Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, could a Mod please put up a new poll so everyone has something new to do when we log on? How about polling the 2010 color combos? And yes all colors with and with out the stripes?

I know, I know. I just have nothing better to do today.

·
Registered
160 Posts
black with silver stripes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Started out with a grabber blue/white stripes, changed to sterling grey/black stripes, changed to black/blue stripes, changed to black/silver stripes, changed to and still currently at black/white stripes. Just wish the order would get accpeted so i have no choice but to accept whatever color i have decided on that day. Obviousy i can not make up my mind lol.

I thought the black with silver would be nice also but i saw one on ebay with live pictures and it did not look that good at all IMHO. There was also a sterling grey/black stripes on ebay with some live pictures and it didn't look that great either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See that is the problem. I thought I would like the grey and silver but now not so sure. I am leaning toward grabber and red...??? I also like the black with blue, but I know how the black will look in a few months. And I am not into buffing the clear coat to get rid of the spider web type scratches. So you are not alone my friend, I too am lost as to what color.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I would like to see this poll, because I am not wanting to get the most popular color. The wife likes the Kona and white or silver. Just found out that about a week ago a guy picked up his '10 Kona and white. So that puts a Kona '10 in the same area as me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lol, your thought proces is kind of like mine. I want something different, something that stands out but doesn't stand out so much that it's like WHOA!! everytime i see it (why i didn't stick with grabber blue thought it would be to much after a period of time). And i want a color that i know want be around my town so much. I know for sure that there is already a kona blue/white stripes and red/white stripes around my area.

Another thing to think about is the interior. Obviously you know that the exterior striping matches your interior striping. The black stripe you get on your seats, does not look near as good as a white/blue/red/silver stripe. Man that interior with a different color stripe than black looks really [email protected]$$ IMHO. So that being said it narrows down the choices. Don't want black stripes because of the interior. Red/black stripes looks really sweet but the interior is just so plain without a colored stripe. Kona blue and red already around me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't shy away from the black guys. I have a 09 full stripe delete and the paint is flawless. Probably the best factory paint I have seen. I get a lot of compliments on how great the paint looks. I've had guys come up to me at car shows and ask me if I have had it painted because they can't believe it's factory paint. Now, all that being said, yes black gets dirty real easy and there is more cleaning as opposed to other colors. But I would not worry about any spider webs in the paint or anything like that. Just keep a good polish on her and you will be fine. Black and silver would look great. My color pick for the 10 is Kona blue with white. I wouldn't care if someone near me had the same combo. Good luck with your cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was kinda stuck between kona/silver but went the black/blue. Love the look and prob won't see as many vs the kona cars IMO

Waiting SUCKS. LoL

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just ordered a Black with Satin Black stripes last week. just curious, what are you all getting told for wait times? When I originally talked to the sales lady on the phone she said 12-16 weeks. When I actually went in to order it the same lady said maybe 4-6 but would have to check on that and call me back that day. Since then I havent been able to get a hold of her which is kind of pissing me off since I know shes been at work but just not returning my phone calls or emails. half tempted to just cancel my order and go to another dealership

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have no idea on eta. First was told 12-16 weeks but after ordering they stated maybe 6-8 weeks. Either is fine but sooner is better. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I personally wouldn't care if someone else had the same color car as me. My personal preference is Kona blue with either white or gray/silver stripes. The blue is so deep it almost looks black and I like that aspect of it because in the right light then it brings out the blue brilliantly. It reminds me of our Amethyst Fusion. The purple is so deep that for the longest time many people thought that the car was black until they saw it in the right light one day. The nice thing about the darker colors that aren't black is the swirl marks don't show on the car at all. Black is my favorite color, but it is a lot of work to keep up with. I regret ever getting my F-250 in all black. And then I went and bought a 2000 GT Mustang in black too shortly after the truck. Two black vehicles at the same time was way too much. It sucks having to wash the cars either at the crack of dawn or just as the sun was going down. I went with a Dark Shadow Grey on my next Mustang because the black would always start showing swirls and since it was a daily driver it was hard to keep up with the paint upkeep. I'm not saying it can't be done because I know several people that have black cars and they look immaculate but I also know how much time they spend on those cars and it's more time than I care to spend on them. I'd rather be behind the wheel driving it than bent over it polishing it all the time. I will say that I often times vote for the black car at car shows when they look immaculate because I know what it takes to keep them looking that way. That's just my two cents though. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just ordered a Black with Satin Black stripes last week. just curious, what are you all getting told for wait times? When I originally talked to the sales lady on the phone she said 12-16 weeks. When I actually went in to order it the same lady said maybe 4-6 but would have to check on that and call me back that day. Since then I havent been able to get a hold of her which is kind of pissing me off since I know shes been at work but just not returning my phone calls or emails. half tempted to just cancel my order and go to another dealership
I was told when i ordered mine that it would be about 3 months. Yesterday was 4 weeks that i have had my car on order and i still do not have a build date yet. Hopefully I will have one soon.

If my sales person wasn't calling me back i would go to another dealer asfter stopping in my existing dealer and telling them why i do not want to do business with them anymore. Some of these car sale people are jokes. One Ford dealer told me that they couldn't order me a 2010 gt500. What?? So you are telling me that I cannot order a $50k car from you guys? Another Ford dealership told me that there where only 3 2010 Shelby gt500's allocated for my general region and that they could get me one. LOL. I mean seriously.. It's amazing that there are actually people out there that would believe this bullsh!t. Anyway i ordered my car from the thrid Ford dealership that i talked to.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I was told when i ordered mine that it would be about 3 months. Yesterday was 4 weeks that i have had my car on order and i still do not have a build date yet. Hopefully I will have one soon.

If my sales person wasn't calling me back i would go to another dealer asfter stopping in my existing dealer and telling them why i do not want to do business with them anymore. Some of these car sale people are jokes. One Ford dealer told me that they couldn't order me a 2010 gt500. What?? So you are telling me that I cannot order a $50k car from you guys? Another Ford dealership told me that there where only 3 2010 Shelby gt500's allocated for my general region and that they could get me one. LOL. I mean seriously.. It's amazing that there are actually people out there that would believe this bullsh!t. Anyway i ordered my car from the thrid Ford dealership that i talked to.
FYI- Unless a dealer has a 2010 allocation, they cannot order you a car, and they did you a favor by telling you they couldnt. Hopefully that 3rd dealer you went to isnt yanking your chain. 4 weeks is a long time for your order to sit without an acceptance to build from the factory. Have the dealer call their Ford regional rep and get an estimated build date. The folks ordering now have builds in August, with September deliveries expected, so sit tight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FYI- Unless a dealer has a 2010 allocation, they cannot order you a car, and they did you a favor by telling you they couldnt. Hopefully that 3rd dealer you went to isnt yanking your chain. 4 weeks is a long time for your order to sit without an acceptance to build from the factory. Have the dealer call their Ford regional rep and get an estimated build date. The folks ordering now have builds in August, with September deliveries expected, so sit tight.

So if this is the case, would the dealer be able to even place an order? Or would they be locked out from placing an order for that car?

What I am asking. If the dealer does not have an allocation would the system lock them out for that model?
-Or would it allow them to place the order, but in the end Ford would just not pick it up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts