Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that needs to run tight plug gaps, I suggest trying one of these things out.
Soo much easier than the old tools I have and accidentally bending the tools or marring the straps

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s kick ass. Thanks for sharing this. I’m snagging one today.
thanks for watching. Deff made my life easier with no ground strap damage.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,672 Posts
Looks like a useful tool, especially when working with fine electrode iridium plugs. Thanks for posting.

Gotta ask - what happened to your dog?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a useful tool, especially when working with fine electrode iridium plugs. Thanks for posting.

Gotta ask - what happened to your dog?
yea that was the bigger push because my other tool was tight to grab the strap and either gouged it or touched the tip too close for my liking.

surprised you noticed my dog. He just had a large cancer mass removed and is recovering. So his donut is so he doesn’t get at his incision.
PS: thanks for watching. I appreciate the support.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I replied with a picture of the MMR plug gap tool on your SVTPerf. thread. I know that these tools are best for closing the gap......what is your suggestion for opening the gap? I have not found the new plugs to be too close but instead too wide and usually require closing the gap, but what are your thoughts on opening if needed?

R

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replied with a picture of the MMR plug gap tool on your SVTPerf. thread. I know that these tools are best for closing the gap......what is your suggestion for opening the gap? I have not found the new plugs to be too close but instead too wide and usually require closing the gap, but what are your thoughts on opening if needed?

R
I have never had to open a gap. I use my old tool toopen just to close them back up for the test for this video.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts