Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
Just wanted to know if you lowered your gt500 1) whose springs did you use 2) how is the ride 3) do you like the overall looks

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I lowered mine. Love it. I went with Evolution's Ultimate Lowering Package. I went with Ford Racing Springs and added Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts. Lowered the car about 1.25".

The ride is a bit firmer than stock, but not uncomfortable at all. The cornering improvement is unreal. She's on rails now.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I lowered mine. Love it. I went with Evolution's Ultimate Lowering Package. I went with Ford Racing Springs and added Tokico D-Spec Shocks & Struts. Lowered the car about 1.25".

The ride is a bit firmer than stock, but not uncomfortable at all. The cornering improvement is unreal. She's on rails now.

+1 I have the same package and agree. Except my 20" wheels and tires made the ride a little more harsh though.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey harley99fb, what is the shade of your tint? I've been eye-balling cars going down the road, trying to find the right shade of window tint before I go shopping and I like what you've got on yours. :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Hey harley99fb, what is the shade of your tint? I've been eye-balling cars going down the road, trying to find the right shade of window tint before I go shopping and I like what you've got on yours. :thinkerg:
If I remember right, it's 20%.:)

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

This is the same kit that evo has told me to purchase with same springs and shocks. Did you do the whole install yourself or did they do it? Would you recommend the relocation brackets or would it be fine without them? Also did you weld them as i really dont and be able to go back to stock down the road.

PS i hate you i wanted Silver stripes but couldnt find one and had a settle for white stripes :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did just the FRPP springs a long with a panhard at first, then later had the entire FRPP kit install along with Maximum Motorsports C/C plates. I love it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have the FRPP handling pack. I love it.

Just need to be careful in some parking lot and driveway transitions.

·
Registered
938 Posts
For two seasons now I have had Ground Control Suspension, a Coil Over Kit with Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks. Along with other suspension mods the car drives awesome.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/category.php/CA=2
http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/...om/albums/mm19/klroudebush/IMG_6486.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
25 Posts

H&R SS Coil-Over's, Front & Rear Sway Bars, Adj. Panard Bar, caster & Camber Plates. Bought from and had MRT install everything. Already had LCA's. You do not need relocation brackets or upper Control Arm Per they're recommendations and I would have to agree. As far as ride quality maybe a little harsh if you are using for a Daily Driver. Other-wise it Handles like a Mother Fuc*er ,and I LOVE the slammed look on these cars with 18's on them. No offence but I can't stand 20's on these cars!! They look too BIG. 19's are probably Perfect IMO.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is the same kit that evo has told me to purchase with same springs and shocks. Did you do the whole install yourself or did they do it? Would you recommend the relocation brackets or would it be fine without them? Also did you weld them as i really dont and be able to go back to stock down the road.

PS i hate you i wanted Silver stripes but couldnt find one and had a settle for white stripes :(
I did everything but the Springs, Shocks & Struts. Had a local dealership do the work while they were replacing my tranny. I did not install the relocation brackets.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Eibach pro S street coil overs with all adjustable rear suspension (UCA, LCA's Panhard). I do feel the road....LOL but it handles awesome.....

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ya'll with lowered cars; do you actually drive them anywhere? I live in the flattest place on earth. I can't enter a driveway without the chin spoiler scraping the asphalt. I have a taller trailer (Longer ramp/Door) then most Racer guys have (I don’t like to stoop) and I raise the front and add extra ramps when I load my car and it still scrapes the Door/Ramp. If I lowered the thing I wouldn't be able to drive it at all!! How the heck do you drive it?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Ya'll with lowered cars; do you actually drive them anywhere? I live in the flattest place on earth. I can't enter a driveway without the chin spoiler scraping the asphalt. I have a taller trailer (Longer ramp/Door) then most Racer guys have (I don’t like to stoop) and I raise the front and add extra ramps when I load my car and it still scrapes the Door/Ramp. If I lowered the thing I wouldn't be able to drive it at all!! How the heck do you drive it?
My thougts exactly. I would imagine you have to think of every gas station and driveway approach. I know the Ford GT is only six inches off the ground and it makes navigating a hair raising experience, though I wouldn't mind owning one.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I really haven't run into that many problems. Speed bumps must be avoided at all cost, but other than that, not many issues. Getting into my driveway is close...very close. I really have to crawl and come in at an angle to avoid scraping, but that's about it. It got worse when I got the AR LT headers because the cats hang down lower than stock. I have scraped them once or twice.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have 17000 miles on mine, probably 9000 with the lowering kit, so I do drive mine. I have only had issues in a couple of driveways and a few parking lot entrances. The worst are those concrete parking stops, but those were an issue before lowering.

Oh, and I live in SW PA which is never confused with being flat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Recently did mine. Vogtland Sport springs, J&M UCA, LCAs(no relocation brackets), and J&M aluminum adjustable panhard. Highly recommend the J&M & Vogtland products, the materials and craftsmanship is top notch. I left the stock Tokico dampers in there, and the springs dropped the car 1.2". I like the look, still have the stock wheels and tires. The handling is significantly better, no more wheel hop at all, and lateral is much flatter, still throwing 2 tons around corners, so there is still some lean, but it is much improved. The ride is actually smoother overall, I think mostly due to the Vogtlands' unique engineering aspects, very happy with this relatively inexpensive 'kit' I put together. $1K out of pocket for all parts and install. No real issues with scraping; yet. Even went over some speed bumps without scraping anything; only 1.2" lower though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
O8Snake where did you get the chrome look OEM wheels, and how much were they?

I have the Eibach pro S street coil overs with all adjustable rear suspension (UCA, LCA's Panhard). I do feel the road....LOL but it handles awesome.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts