Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we have a Camaro thread.

The new Challenger is the car that I'm waiting to see. I think they did an outstanding job with the design. I grew up as a Mopar fan (68 Charger my all time favorite) and am considering buying one even though after my experience with our 96 Intrepid I said I would never buy another Chrysler product again.

A supercharged Hemi Challenger with a 6-speed manual would probably put me over the edge. :D It would look good next to the Shelby.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I actually like the looks of the Current "Challenger" better then the “New” design or even the old one. It looks real aggressive. I've never been a Mopar fan, Dodge/Dlymler/Chysler might make money with their retro car but Following or Copying another companies Idea in not a good Idea in this case. They should bolt a blower on there current version. Hell they would even make more money. No design or engineering expenses. I haven’t seen the Camaro thread, But that “New Design is even worst then the Challanger design. I can’t see anyone but diehard Bowtiers buying it. That being said I haven’t seen either of these cars in person. I was raised in a GM family and until 2001 that is all I had ever owned.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think the Challenger is going to be a very popular car. Chrysler isn't going to make the same mistakes on this one as they did with the Charger. Not that I don't like the Charger, I just don't like that it is a four door family car. The Challenger will have two doors and a manual transmission will be offered. Last year when it looked like the Shelby was going to be just out of my reach, I made up my mind to give the Challenger a serious look. The concept car looked so much like the old one and that really appeals to me.
I have always like the Mopar stuff, at least from the early days like you were saying, Cal. I have only had one Mopar, a '68 Road Runner, but it was a nice car! The Cuda and Duster, wow those were all great! How about a Dodge Barracuda?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the Challenger is going to be a very popular car. Chrysler isn't going to make the same mistakes on this one as they did with the Charger. Not that I don't like the Charger, I just don't like that it is a four door family car. The Challenger will have two doors and a manual transmission will be offered. Last year when it looked like the Shelby was going to be just out of my reach, I made up my mind to give the Challenger a serious look. The concept car looked so much like the old one and that really appeals to me.
I have always like the Mopar stuff, at least from the early days like you were saying, Cal. I have only had one Mopar, a '68 Road Runner, but it was a nice car! The Cuda and Duster, wow those were all great! How about a Dodge Barracuda?
I think we are showing our age. Yes back in the day, the Cudas, Chargers, Dusters, Demons, GTX, Roadrunners and Challengers were all very cool.:cool: along with the Shelbys of course.:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Definitely like the Challenger better than the Camaro. It has a great retro look. I first saw i at the Denver Auo Show a couple years back. It was very sweet. I may just have to pcik one up. That is, if my wife lets me. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think Challenger is going to be a big hit.I am a true blue Ford guy but would love to drive 1 of these Challengers.The Camaro does nothing for me and if they don't change it,it will fail.

Hey Prez, ask the 1st lady if you can bring your Challenger next year?You can still park in the driveway.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just got back from Mexico City and found out through a frined of mine that the Federal police drive SRT8 Chargers and they are stick, he works for them. In Mexico stickshift cars are more populars than automatics and you can buy the SRT Charger with stickshift straigh from the dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
man the mullet crowd will be all over the camaro.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about a vert Challenger? I'd be all over that!

CW
Haven't heard anything about a vert Challenger yet but that would be way cool too.:cool: :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You said woody. :D :p

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts