Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Thanks everyone for the great posts. I've learned a lot in these forums. I'm in the market for a GT500 CFTP. Was debating between Iconic Silver with black stripes or Black with white stripes. The positive with the silver is that I know its more of a classic color and the black trim pops more. But there is something about the black with white strips that to me, looks like no other color offered. The stance is menacing! There is something I love about the headlights on the black. The black trim around the headlights blends in with the car and I think it makes for best front end of all the colors. To me the headlights look by far the best with the black paint. I know the black will be a pain to keep clean but this thing will be well kept so I'm not worried about that. General thoughts on the two? I'm leaning black as I think overall look is menacing. If I saw that in my rear view mirror I'm getting out of the way haha.

Attachments

Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
Black. I've owned multiple colors. Black is the best. PPF it and it's way easier to manage... you won't get swirls and scratches.

The white stripes aren't my thing, but they make black PPF and you can always cover the white stripes easy enough to change the look of your car anytime temporarily.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there). Feel free to reach out if you need help navigating the forum.

Have you been able to find either of the two colors you鈥檙e after in your area?

Super Moderator
Welcome Aboard where are you searching and what should we call you? Several members have been scouring the web and finding the vehicle鈥檚 left on dealer lots.

Premium Member
2020 Twister Orange GT500, CFTP wing & wheels, Recaros, HP, Tech pckg
Personally, when it comes to black, I prefer the stripe delete version. That thing is just wicked.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

But silver with black stripes is a strong second choice.
Tire Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. This GT500 forum is awesome. Love the participation. Question - one post above mentioned to also add a signature. I guess that means just in the post? I couldn't find a way to do that in my profile. I just negotiated a 2022 Black GT500 with painted white stripes CFTP. Hope to close it today. I love the stripes. I caught the bug. Nobody in my town has a GT500. Time to shake it up around here.

Steve - Central NJ

Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the replies. This GT500 forum is awesome. Love the participation. Question - one post above mentioned to also add a signature. I guess that means just in the post? I couldn't find a way to do that in my profile. I just negotiated a 2022 Black GT500 with painted white stripes CFTP. Hope to close it today. I love the stripes. I caught the bug. Nobody in my town has a GT500. Time to shake it up around here.

Steve - Central NJ
There's a way to add a sig file to your posts, Barb, Chris, or Tim will some some step-by-step to help you with it.

Super Moderator

Steve - Central NJ
I sent you a PM, check your inbox.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue

Steve - Central NJ
Welcome Steve! That black CFTP is gorgeous!

As for the signature add鈥 screen shots from my iPad. A phone will be slightly different, but similar.

Product Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot

Product Font Line Screenshot Material property

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Hood Product

Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
I just negotiated a 2022 Black GT500 with painted white stripes CFTP. Hope to close it today. I love the stripes.
wow steve i hope you get it and post a million pictures of it! i owned a black GT350R with black matte/red pinstripes and i have such a soft spot for black shelbys. i think the black with white stripes is one of the BEST looks of this car. i love it. i'm a grabber blue homer but black with white...LOVE! pls pls pls get the car and post pics! :love: :love: :love:

here was my black R if you dont mind...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2022 Shadow Black GT500s received Wimbledon White painted stripes. It鈥檚 the only year Wimbledon White stripes were on Shadow Black, otherwise it is Oxford White. The white colors are different.
The 2022 I'm negotiating has Oxford White Stripes. Here is the sticker.
Font Material property Paper Document Pattern

Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition

Steve - Central NJ
I'm in Northern NJ. I've never seen a GT500 outside of a dealership and a car show. Glad to read you're bringing one into the area. Please post up the details if and when you close the deal. FWIW, I saw a 2021 black CFTP w Painted white stripes in All American Ford of Paramus a year and a half ago. 30k ADM.

Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 HE

Steve - Central NJ
Congratulations Steve, and welcome to the GT500 forum. There is no better feeling than being able to own and drive a car of your choosing. And since you chose a '22 GT500 with just what you wanted you will enjoy that feeling of pride and satisfaction every day. Looking forward to the photos of your Bad Ass Shelby after you take delivery. 馃憦馃帀

1 - 20 of 41 Posts