Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you people out there that ordered a Shelby have some patience.The 1st 50 cars are #ed.Those people don't even have their cars yet.You know Bill Ford Jr.,Carroll Shelby,Jay Leno,Ron Pratte,myself and all the other dignitaries.I will try to help you but if they don't have their cars nobody will.They are being shipped out every day but they all can't go at once.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nice post, dude! Thanks for the patience booster shot! I feel better already! Ahhh!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey 07 Shelby!
Do you know where you guys are in terms of numbers produced, or who for? If I understand correctly, President's Award winning dealers will get theirs built first (about 300 dealers) then SVT (about 500-600 dealers) then the rest of the dealers not included in either of those criteria.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cyrusapollo said:
Hey 07 Shelby!
Do you know where you guys are in terms of numbers produced, or who for? If I understand correctly, President's Award winning dealers will get theirs built first (about 300 dealers) then SVT (about 500-600 dealers) then the rest of the dealers not included in either of those criteria.
07 Shelby is the following true?: Someone in SVT offices today told me that "shipped" merely means groups of GT500's moved to a railyard where hundreds of cars will be aggregated and then placed on trucks and rail? meaning days before first dealers see their cars ?:confused:
It doesn't matter for me really, mine is est. Aug build/ Sept. delivery but for crying out loud I gotta go check one out asap before its owner takes deliv, admire it and hear the engine run and whatever else!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
For all you people out there that ordered a Shelby have some patience.The 1st 50 cars are #ed.Those people don't even have their cars yet.You know Bill Ford Jr.,Carroll Shelby,Jay Leno,Ron Pratte,myself and all the other dignitaries.I will try to help you but if they don't have their cars nobody will.They are being shipped out every day but they all can't go at once.
I'm a pretty patient guy...but I'm thinkin' if I had to look at them all day or in the case of oldimp having a car already built, my patience would be wearin' thin @ this point. I just get up, go to work...check the email for anything new. @ this point a VIN would would work for me. I checked-in with my dealer last week, mainly just to ask if I had to pay sales tax on the GGT and the ADM. Their answer was YES to both...it only adds about $500+ bux to the deal, but was unexpected nonetheless. I offered to pay them the $5K ADM seperately, but they said NO DICE:mad: Thanks for the update 07 SHELBY :p

·
Registered
888 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
I'm a pretty patient guy...but I'm thinkin' if I had to look at them all day or in the case of oldimp having a car already built, my patience would be wearin' thin @ this point.
Shelbywise,

I feel like I am handling things pretty well so far in the "patience" department. It helps that I know it is built already and soon on its way here. I am very fortunate to be in my position "in line" and I know that. I really wish you could get your VIN! That was a big step for me, when they told me that VIN! The car had an identity, I guess.

I sure hope you get some good news soon! And that goes for everyone else waiting for theirs! Best of luck to us one and all!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cyrusapollo said:
Hey 07 Shelby!

Some where in the neighborhood 0f 600.The first 50 are for rich people and celebrities.I do not know the method of madness of who gets theirs 1st after the first 50.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Thanks 07, I'm being patient. I know I'll be awhile, as I bought from a small dealer with no awards. I probably won't even check with my dealer until mid August to see if he's heard anything. I wouldn't even be surprised if I didn't get my car until December...we'll see.

Anyway, congrats on all the excitement at work the other day...I read all your comments and sounds like you had fun. Cherish the moments...they are rare indeed.

Dave

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
cyrusapollo said:
Hey 07 Shelby!
The formula for who gets priority is complicated. You are PARTIALLY correct in that PA award dealers get their first car first, but then it's less clear regarding cars after that. In addition, any share of nation cars go through a complex allocation process. There are other categories of dealers called "Select" and another one that complicate matters even further.

Again, there is no easy answer.

Dave

·
Registered
257 Posts
oldimp said:
Shelbywise,

I feel like I am handling things pretty well so far in the "patience" department. It helps that I know it is built already and soon on its way here. I am very fortunate to be in my position "in line" and I know that. I really wish you could get your VIN! That was a big step for me, when they told me that VIN! The car had an identity, I guess.

I sure hope you get some good news soon! And that goes for everyone else waiting for theirs! Best of luck to us one and all!
oldimp...YES a VIN would be a very welcome bit of info:( ...I'm not sure where my dealer stands in the grand scheme of things. I know they are a Blue Oval dealer, but as far as SVT or PA I'm not 100% sure...and didn't want to bug'em too much because I am getting one of their two cars for $5K over in what amounts to be the greater Los Angeles area...and I'm pretty much a bottom feeder in my neighborhood, so I'm with you on the 'fortunate' thing. I'll just wait it out...and save more $$:D and try to learn a thing or three from the guys like you who will already be on their second or third set of tires by the time my GT500 arrives!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
oldimp...YES a VIN would be a very welcome bit of info:( ...I'm not sure where my dealer stands in the grand scheme of things. I know they are a Blue Oval dealer, but as far as SVT or PA I'm not 100% sure...and didn't want to bug'em too much because I am getting one of their two cars for $5K over in what amounts to be the greater Los Angeles area...and I'm pretty much a bottom feeder in my neighborhood, so I'm with you on the 'fortunate' thing. I'll just wait it out...and save more $$:D and try to learn a thing or three from the guys like you who will already be on their second or third set of tires by the time my GT500 arrives!!
Second or third set! Oh, Lordy!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We start shut down in 2 days but we are shipping cars around the clock.So if you have a car comming there is hope.Your car will come I promise you.The bad part is after you get your cars I won't have anyone to talk to but please post pictures.I see them all day but would love to see them with the owner.Isn't that what it is all about.I will tell you guys and ladies if there are any out there,once you get your car you will ramble on too.They are awesome.

·
Registered
106 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
We start shut down in 2 days but we are shipping cars around the clock.So if you have a car comming there is hope.Your car will come I promise you.The bad part is after you get your cars I won't have anyone to talk to but please post pictures.I see them all day but would love to see them with the owner.Isn't that what it is all about.I will tell you guys and ladies if there are any out there,once you get your car you will ramble on too.They are awesome.
Hey 07 Shelby, I'll still be here. I'm not one of the lucky ones getting one, I'm just a lowly middle man; I'll probably never even get to drive one. Heck, all three of the ones I sold are going out of state, so I won't even get to see them driving around town. But I'm still just as excited just to be a part of it. That's the best part of my job, putting someone in the car of their dreams. I'll shoot the bull with you anytime.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man I will be here too.See goes to show you, just when you think you don't have a VIN somebody has it worse.By then you guys will know as much as me.I tell you guys everything.If you need to know something just use the search button located at the top of the page( or just ask me).

·
Premium Member
11,033 Posts
cyrusapollo said:
Hey 07 Shelby, I'll still be here. I'm not one of the lucky ones getting one, I'm just a lowly middle man; I'll probably never even get to drive one. Heck, all three of the ones I sold are going out of state, so I won't even get to see them driving around town. But I'm still just as excited just to be a part of it. That's the best part of my job, putting someone in the car of their dreams. I'll shoot the bull with you anytime.
Hey...where's Sigel? And 07....count me in too. I'm a fanatic Shelby guy, a Ford supporter and think that in a time when I hear nothing but bitching and buyouts, your contribution to a forum such as this is unexpected and absolutely respected and appreciated. The underlying theme of your posts is that you're proud of what you build and are genuinely happy to impart the info you can and bring people into the fold. bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VNMOUS1 said:
Hey...where's Sigel? And 07....count me in too. I'm a fanatic Shelby guy, a Ford supporter and think that in a time when I hear nothing but bitching and buyouts, your contribution to a forum such as this is unexpected and absolutely respected and appreciated. The underlying theme of your posts is that you're proud of what you build and are genuinely happy to impart the info you can and bring people into the fold. bj

Thanks I know I couldn't have said it better.I am proud and very happy to talk to people buying a Shelby.My 1st car was a "68" Mustang and been a Mustang man ever since.Very shakey at Ford everybody is afraid of losing their job.I hope that I can keep mine.If nothing else I am probably the biggest PR man for the Shelby.I don't think that they will pay me for that though.No bitching no regrets.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I promise that I will hang with you! You and this forum are the best things that have happened to me in my 16 month pilgrimage to bring a Shelby to my driveway! I plan on sharing experiences with you after we both have Shelbys! The fun hasn't even begun yet and who better to share the good times with than the guys that went through the tough times with you!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oldimp said:
I promise that I will hang with you! You and this forum are the best things that have happened to me in my 16 month pilgrimage to bring a Shelby to my driveway! I plan on sharing experiences with you after we both have Shelbys! The fun hasn't even begun yet and who better to share the good times with than the guys that went through the tough times with you!
Amen You guys are so smart.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I will still be around here also to keep you updated on the progress of the car, I have no intention of keeping it stock, I don't really care about losing its value just because I change something. I am not buying it for an investment I am buying it to enjoy. I already have some paint work lined up that I will have done not to mention the performance mods that I have already talked about in the previous posts. The goal is going 11's in the quarter which is going to require some changes :) I have a website already built for the car so when I do have it I will post up my site address so you can see the changes just like I did with my motorcycle.

Bill

·
Registered
888 Posts
That sounds great! I wouldn't mind looking at your motorcycle site if you wanted to post the address for us.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts