Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys use your car daily, and if you don't see snow where you live I don't see much of a problem with it. But after I saw this it reinforces my idea of interviewing prospect Shelby owners to make sure that they will provide a good home for their car. The worst part is that the car still has temp plates, you be the judge but this guy is about three blocks from my house and if I see him or her I will give them a piece of my mind:mad:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I know some of you guys use your car daily, and if you don't see snow where you live I don't see much of a problem with it. But after I saw this it reinforces my idea of interviewing prospect Shelby owners to make sure that they will provide a good home for their car. The worst part is that the car still has temp plates, you be the judge but this guy is about three blocks from my house and if I see him or her I will give them a piece of my mind:mad:

Wow then I'll bet seeing a couple 1000 like that would give you a heart attack.Ah,winter in Michigan.;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
As shocking as those pictures may appear to us :( , for some Shelby owners out there, sadly this is just a car!

I have 400KMs (about 250 miles) on mine and now its parked for the winter. If I have my way, my Shelby will never see precipitation in either wet or frozen formats.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Not only covered with snow, but parked on the street where the snowplows will throw rocks into it. That makes me and my (wife's) Shelby sad. Shelbys have a very delicate personality. They can be emotionally scarred if left all alone out in the cold. This person should be reported to the SPCS (Society For The Prevention of Cruelty to Shelbys)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not everyone's Shelby is a garage queen... As long as he enjoys the car, have him park it wherever he wants.

·
Registered
933 Posts
X STI C (or Ecstasy - that's a good use of the STI seeing as you own a WRX),

You're right, however, it still hurts to see something like that.

Arbour88 (sorry, no fancy word play) :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Arbour88 (sorry, no fancy word play) :D
Yeah...what he said.

People have every right to ride mopeds. That doesn't mean I have to like seeing it. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts

I agree. I guess it was my Subaru bias that motivated my opinion. Im just use to seeing STi's getting abused and tearing it up on both the track and backwoods rally trails in all types of weather.

P.S., I have an '06 Stage II STi:

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is a photo of my car the morning after I took delivery....

AWD Turbo fun in the snow anyone??

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
This is a photo of my car the morning after I took delivery....

AWD Turbo fun in the snow anyone??

Nice ride.I think the difference here is a couple generations and baby boomers that like the muscle era.As we get old we get set in our ways.The older crowd are not as open as X and Y generation to the new 4 door speed demons.Just my opinion.:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
/\ /\ I agree.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I may be in a minority here, but what is the point of having a car if all it does is sit in the garage most of the time? These cars were meant to be driven. Heck, all cars were meant to be driven.

People give me hell all the time for cruising around in our '65 fastback and occassionally making passes at the local dragstrips. If you want an investment, there are so many options other than a car that will get you a better return.

The way I figure it, the more people that go out and trash their GT500, the more valuable it makes mine in the future.:D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Well, I may be in a minority here, but what is the point of having a car if all it does is sit in the garage most of the time? These cars were meant to be driven. Heck, all cars were meant to be driven.

People give me hell all the time for cruising around in our '65 fastback and occassionally making passes at the local dragstrips. If you want an investment, there are so many options other than a car that will get you a better return.

The way I figure it, the more people that go out and trash their GT500, the more valuable it makes mine in the future.:D
I agree. Cars are meant to be driven...especially GT500's. But you can also take good care of them so they look really nice 20 years from now. I drove our Shelby 3-4 days a week during the summer. I'm not happy about it, but now that it's winter she's here:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that we all can agree on the difference between enjoying the car and abusing the car, like the prez said the Shelby's are very special beings and have a very delicate personality. I already called the SPCS (Society For The Prevention of Cruelty to Shelbys) I believe that they must have contacted him right away since I have not seen the car parked out there again. I don't want to emotionally scar mine and I make sure I visit her daily while she is sleeping make sure she is okay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I sure hope you give them MORE than a piece of your mind. More like one up side the head, but of course anyone who could do that to a car like that must have more money than brains.Who knows!! Take care M'nut

·
Registered
643 Posts
Now that's how a Shelby should be properly cared for! Nice job prez!:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think that we all can agree on the difference between enjoying the car and abusing the car, like the prez said the Shelby's are very special beings and have a very delicate personality. I already called the SPCS (Society For The Prevention of Cruelty to Shelbys) I believe that they must have contacted him right away since I have not seen the car parked out there again. I don't want to emotionally scar mine and I make sure I visit her daily while she is sleeping make sure she is okay.
Look, I get the point, I'm just saying some people are just a little too anal about their cars and spend more time with the Zaino and a diaper than enjoying the car for what it is, an automobile. If you want to buy a car and put it in a garage somewhere to show to your friends or admire on your own each evening, that's your business. If you want to park it on the street and have it covered with snow, that's your business as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lets all agree that we disagree ! To each his own. Some want first rights. Just a few years from now, some guy with with less than 50 k will purchase this snow bound street monger. He will not care that the paint is not perfect, or that there are areas of rust around the rear window. He will be glad in a unknown way that some one let this get to this point of wear that he could actually afford to make the purchase. EVER been their. I HAVE.

ILLEGAL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts