Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,571 Posts
No, I grew up in New Jersey a town called Rahway so famous we had the State Prison!:rolleyes:
My 1961 Corvette had a 1964 Fuel Injected Motor minus the fuel injection! I spent about as much time working on it
as actually driving it. My Senior year I sold it and ordered a triple black 396 375HP Chevelle which imbedded Horse Power into my brain. Fun times!
Here is my Ferrari being assembled at the Factory! Check out that motor! View attachment 197016 View attachment 197017 View attachment 197018
Love the photos...

Yep, if you ordered a 396/375 Chevelle brand-new, then you would've looked pretty silly/creepy cruising the JV parking lot at my high school with a 1961 Corvette in 1985 LOL...

I started driving in 1984, believe it or not, in a 1969 GT350. My dad was sidelining in buying/selling cars from the 50's and 60's, and the GT350 was a machine that he bought cheap, but failed to find a willing buyer.. Since "my car" (a 1969 Mach 1 that I purchased at age 14 for $1000 bucks) was still in a million pieces as I approached my 16th birthday, I helped my pops replace a rusty torque box in the Shelby, and we rebuilt the steering, and that became my ride.

My dad must've been nuts... ;) LOL...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Love the photos...

Yep, if you ordered a 396/375 Chevelle brand-new, then you would've looked pretty silly/creepy cruising the JV parking lot at my high school with a 1961 Corvette in 1985 LOL...

I started driving in 1984, believe it or not, in a 1969 GT350. My dad was sidelining in buying/selling cars from the 50's and 60's, and the GT350 was a machine that he bought cheap, but failed to find a willing buyer.. Since "my car" (a 1969 Mach 1 that I purchased at age 14 for $1000 bucks) was still in a million pieces as I approached my 16th birthday, I helped my pops replace a rusty torque box in the Shelby, and we rebuilt the steering, and that became my ride.

My dad must've been nuts... ;) LOL...
Ha! Good for you, by 1985 I was married with a daughter, time certainly goes by quickly!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
110 Posts
I went down to the Chevy dealer a few days ago to see if I could get an owner's manual for my 2018 Silverado that I just bought used.

A 2019 Yellow Z06 was sitting there that caught my eye. They had $88k on the sticker, the salesman told me they would do $10k off since they wanted to make room for the 2020's. I've always wanted a Vette, especially a Z06. I could probably get it for $75k. Not sure of which trim level it is. I know it has the 8-speed auto.
Since you only live once, I'm thinking of selling my '14 GT500 and buying the Vette.

What do you guys think a bone-stock car would bring? It has everything except the glass roof. DIB with White stripes. 21k miles.

It's in the shop getting the damage I did to it repaired from when I smacked the muffler into a curb. Nothing major, just crushed the exit pipes and the valance.
Just bought mine a week ago. '14 w/ track pack and audio pack. No touch screen, no glass roof. DIB w/ satin black stripes. Only 6300 miles and it was listed at 48k. Hope that helps. You could KBB and or NADA it and see what they say. Also use car gurus site and search within 500mi for a '14 gt500 and see what they're listing for near you

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just bought mine a week ago. '14 w/ track pack and audio pack. No touch screen, no glass roof. DIB w/ satin black stripes. Only 6300 miles and it was listed at 48k. Hope that helps. You could KBB and or NADA it and see what they say. Also use car gurus site and search within 500mi for a '14 gt500 and see what they're listing for near you
I haven't been here for a while, too busy trying to get my shit together to move in 5 weeks.
This does help, thanks!!

I don't have time right now to respond to all of your posts, but have read them and appreciate what's been discussed.

I have an opportunity to buy a car that was used by GM at the racetrack. It has ~7000 miles. It has the Z07 option, which means it has carbon-ceramic brakes. I'm thinking that those may need to be replaced due to the track time.
What if any experiences do you vette guys have with these carbon rotors and track usage? Do they wear down pretty fast? Should I look for a car with steel brakes?
Thanks for your help!!
Dan

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
I haven't been here for a while, too busy trying to get my shit together to move in 5 weeks.
This does help, thanks!!

I don't have time right now to respond to all of your posts, but have read them and appreciate what's been discussed.

I have an opportunity to buy a car that was used by GM at the racetrack. It has ~7000 miles. It has the Z07 option, which means it has carbon-ceramic brakes. I'm thinking that those may need to be replaced due to the track time.
What if any experiences do you vette guys have with these carbon rotors and track usage? Do they wear down pretty fast? Should I look for a car with steel brakes?
Thanks for your help!!
Dan
You may already be aware but those carbon rotors are EXPEEEEEENSIVE! But they work extremely well. I see used sets for sale every so often on a different forum and they are priced according to the weights in grams, i.e. how much mass is still remaining.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
110 Posts
This does help, thanks!!

Thanks for your help!!
Dan
My only concern with a car like that is, if they were tracking the car, they definitely ran it hard. That doesnt mean it wasnt taken care of, but they definitely put it through the wringer.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts