Check out these two links

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,720 Posts
never warmed up to the c7.
c8.... tbd.
Ironically, I prefer the C7 appearance and M7 availability over the C8 appearance and DCT. Both were large factors in adding one to my garage before they're gone.

Just traded in my 2011 for a 2019 Grand Sport. Opportunity presented itself and couldn't pass it up. Just in the process of finalizing shipping and hope to have it in a couple of weeks.

Gonna miss the Shelby but I'm hoping I can snag a new one or gently driven one in a couple of years.
Congrats and welcome to the C7 family!

Can you give me the Cliffs notes on the three trims? I'm clueless.
In addition to the references @VazO listed, I recommend perusing the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Catalog. Relevant info appears throughout, but most of what you're looking for is probably on pp 38-40. (Note that 1/2/3LT refer to Stingray and Grand Sport trim levels, 1/2/3LZ refer to Z06 trim levels, and 1/2/3ZR refer to ZR1 trim levels.) FWIW, most agree the "2" level, in this case 2LZ, is the sweet spot when it comes to bang for the buck, especially if you add Nav & PDR as an a la carte option.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for your help guys, really helps in my decision!!
I'm looking now at used 2018s and 2019s. Finding them in the 61-70k range!!
:)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,250 Posts
Thanks for your help guys, really helps in my decision!!
I'm looking now at used 2018s and 2019s. Finding them in the 61-70k range!!
:)
Not trying to talk you out of the Vette Dan, but I recommend trying to find someone local with a 2020 GT500 to check out in person. I’d hate to see you trade your Shelby for a Vette only to lust for a 2020 GT500 shortly thereafter. If the Vette is more your thing, then go for it!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Tim, The 2020 is overpriced in my opinion. But I've always lusted after a Vette, so if I can get a decent sale on the Shelby, I'm going to pull the trigger.
All good... follow your heart. Your Vette range went to $70k for the outgoing model. For not much more, you get the latest/greatest Shelby. Just throwing that out there. If you want a Vette, get a Vette.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting I have owner corvettes most of my life starting with a 1961 in High School. Currently I have a 2013 505HP 427 and a 2016 both bought new. Great cars fit and finish wise plenty of power and fun to drive. I also have a 2011 GT 500 which I love. Excellent fit and finish, beautifully done Engine nearly as nice as my 430 Ferrari.
Personally I wouldn’t trade my GT 500 for a Corvette, two completely different vehicles with the GT 500 being just a little more unique in my opinion.
i always wanted a 427 Corvette since College so I would rate that alongside my GT 500, Ferrari well that’s a completely different story.
Good luck with your decision!

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
Interesting I have owner corvettes most of my life starting with a 1961 in High School. Currently I have a 2013 505HP 427 and a 2016 both bought new. Great cars fit and finish wise plenty of power and fun to drive. I also have a 2011 GT 500 which I love. Excellent fit and finish, beautifully done Engine nearly as nice as my 430 Ferrari.
Personally I wouldn’t trade my GT 500 for a Corvette, two completely different vehicles with the GT 500 being just a little more unique in my opinion.
i always wanted a 427 Corvette since College so I would rate that alongside my GT 500, Ferrari well that’s a completely different story.
Good luck with your decision!

That's a hell of a stable of cars! Sweet! (y) If you have any pics handy, we'd love to see them.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
You didn't happen to live in Gainesville FL when you went to high school, did you? There was a kid a year or two behind me that drove a brown 1961 Corvette to school. Seems like quite the coincidence..

P.S. Nice looking Camaro ;)

Reactions: Norton and Goose17

·
Registered
53 Posts
You didn't happen to live in Gainesville FL when you went to high school, did you? There was a kid a year or two behind me that drove a brown 1961 Corvette to school. Seems like quite the coincidence..

P.S. Nice looking Camaro ;)
No, I grew up in New Jersey a town called Rahway so famous we had the State Prison!:rolleyes:
My 1961 Corvette had a 1964 Fuel Injected Motor minus the fuel injection! I spent about as much time working on it
as actually driving it. My Senior year I sold it and ordered a triple black 396 375HP Chevelle which imbedded Horse Power into my brain. Fun times!
Here is my Ferrari being assembled at the Factory! Check out that motor!
761F1F9D-07DA-49C6-B3E3-8FEB1034C61B.jpeg
AC32FE8C-FB5A-4394-ACDC-3A0626B408B7.jpeg
52785F95-B0FD-4418-9E71-1A8A10D4F5E9.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,180 Posts
No, I grew up in New Jersey a town called Rahway so famous we had the State Prison!:rolleyes:
My 1961 Corvette had a 1964 Fuel Injected Motor minus the fuel injection! I spent about as much time working on it
as actually driving it. My Senior year I sold it and ordered a triple black 396 375HP Chevelle which imbedded Horse Power into my brain. Fun times!
Here is my Ferrari being assembled at the Factory! Check out that motor!
I couldn't look at that Ferrari being assembled ... my head hasn't stopped spinning from looking at your garage pictures .... o_O o_O

·
Registered
53 Posts
T
I couldn't look at that Ferrari being assembled ... my head hasn't stopped spinning from looking at your garage pictures .... o_O o_O
Thank You, just another Car Guy!
The fun thing about the Ferrari those pictures are in a Passport and if I visit the factory they will stamp it for me.
Something to look forward to one day. I am very fortunate to have the keys to so many beautiful cars, just a simple
former teamster many decades ago.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
...... I KNEW I should have joined the union when I worked at Yellow Freight .... dummy me .... LOL
Ha! I obtained my withdrawal card over 50 years ago! However once a teamster always a teamster. I have been an investor in the market my entire life. If you enjoy a Coke or a Budweiser, why thank you.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts