Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been considering the magnaflow muffler delete, or maybe the magnapack axleback kit for awhile, but was being cheap. I noticed this last week that planetmagnaflow had like $100 off those two kits and started thinking about it again. I was talking to my Dad about it, and he mentioned taking it to the local shop he and my grandpa have been going to since he had duals put on his 69 Ford F250 back in '69. Being younger and growing up in the mod crazy/internet world of hot rodding I figured there was no way they could beat the online prices. Well I was wrong.

We took teh car down there, and for $140 even they did the muffler delete with some nice 4" slash cut tips that look great. The alignment is spot on and the sound is fantastic. I wanted the magnapacks because I had those on my 02 GT and loved them, but decided to try the delete and see how it sounded, if it was too loud I would just have them put mufflers in it. Needless to say I'm happy as is. Not obnoxious at all, very mellow bark and pretty close to how my old GT sounded with the magnapacks and catted magnaflow x pipe.

Not sure why I waited 2400 miles! :pinklove:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have the 15883 magnapack catback on mine and the sound is amazing but the drone is horrible. Did you have any drone issues on your GT?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that setup did drone and i had a rear seat delete and a bunch of stuff removed from the interior which exacerbated the problem.
So far, no drone with this setup on the shelby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts