Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you have the same suspension mods as I do, so let me ask:

I have have D-Specs and FRPP lowering springs. I also have a Steeda adj panhard and brace (They're in the same place as stock, just readjusted a tick to bring the right wheel back in once lowered.)
So, anyway, I have almost zero clearance between the over-the-axle portion of the exhaust (stock) and the panhard. Every time I hit a bump in the road it sounds like someone smacking the frame with a hammer.

Anyone else have bumps and noises after installation of these components?

Thanks-

bj

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
My set-up is a little different, but no bumping at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the FRPP lowering kit and also have the Steeda adjustable pan hard (not the brace).. but no banging of any kind over any type of bumps..

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine's just crippled. Damn. Had something else interesting happen that you two will find odd. I was getting a little rumble out of the driveshaft when over 80mph as full throttle. Same down through 80 while shutting down. I wrote to Fred at Evo about it and he said I should be running +1 instead of the normal -2 degrees since it's lowered. My speed shop had never heard of such a thing, but did it anyway. I figure that Evo's done a ton of these and have tried every config, so what the heck. It's not completely gone, but it's better and I do have less gear whine.

We used a bar to give a little more space on the panhard. It's gone (again) but I'm sure the noise will be back.

bj

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I know a few of you have the same suspension mods as I do, so let me ask:

I have have D-Specs and FRPP lowering springs. I also have a Steeda adj panhard and brace (They're in the same place as stock, just readjusted a tick to bring the right wheel back in once lowered.)
So, anyway, I have almost zero clearance between the over-the-axle portion of the exhaust (stock) and the panhard. Every time I hit a bump in the road it sounds like someone smacking the frame with a hammer.

Anyone else have bumps and noises after installation of these components?

Thanks-

bj
I've struggled with a few bumps & clunks since modifying my suspension. One was the over-the-axle part of the exhaust (MagnaFlow Cat-back). I had to cut the pipes down to reposition them so they wouldn't hit. (You may remember my steel shavings in the eye incident).

I have another clunk that I have not been able to identify yet. It only happens when I hit a severe bump in the road, so it's tough to figure out sitting on a lift.

I have also developed a really annoying squeak. I think it's my UCA, but I'm not quite sure yet.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thats why she is called Christine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts