Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car was supposed to hit the dealership today but just like everything else about this ordeal it didn't make it. Now they say it is on a rail car. I just read an article that UPS is now tracking Ford cars once they leave the plant through the vin# bar code. Anyone have any info or know what the site is to do this tracking? This sounds like a great idea if it is in fact true.
________
easyvape vaporizer

·
Registered
213 Posts
My car was supposed to hit the dealership today but just like everything else about this ordeal it didn't make it. Now they say it is on a rail car. I just read an article that UPS is now tracking Ford cars once they leave the plant through the vin# bar code. Anyone have any info or know what the site is to do this tracking? This sounds like a great idea if it is in fact true.
Sorry to hear that, that sucks, I am sure you are tired of hearing its worth the wait. If it makes you feel any better today is supposedly the most depressing day of the year so at least you know it can only get better, good luck.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am really not so aggravated that it didn't show because I really didn't expect it to, but they should not give out dates so loosely if they can't be reasonably sure they can fulfill the quote. I think surely within 5 weeks from build date to delivery date that is a doable time frame for building and shipping. The UPS system would really be great for people to track there cars once they leave the plant. Hopefully someone on the inside has some info about the system. I emailed UPS and asked but I doubt I get much help from them.
________
CRF450X

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. My 1st date was 23 Dec ...had 3 more dates and it finally made it on the 19th of Jan.....but believe me ....IT'S WORTH IT

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I truly feel for you, GT500Rocket, but at least your Shelby is within days of delivery. For me, today is day number 301 on material hold.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How often do you get an update from your dealer? That really does suck. Mine has been on order since March 6, 2006 so I feel your pain. Look at how many people have ordered long after we did and are already driving their cars.

I truly feel for you, GT500Rocket, but at least your Shelby is within days of delivery. For me, today is day number 301 on material hold.
________
Honda Ruckus

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
How often do you get an update from your dealer? That really does suck. Mine has been on order since March 6, 2006 so I feel your pain. Look at how many people have ordered long after we did and are already driving their cars.
I call Ford customer service once per month. I don't get much from my dealer...haven't heard a peep from them since October. (That's when my dealer said he got a letter from the regional rep stating I should expect a Q2, 2007 delivery)

Oh well. That's what I get for ordering from a tiny dealer out in the sticks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What exactly is holding your car? Any idea?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
What exactly is holding your car? Any idea?
Maybe the guys at the railyard are keeping it a few days to take some joy rides. Oops. Did I say that? Shame on me. :D :D :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Maybe the guys at the railyard are keeping it a few days to take some joy rides. Oops. Did I say that? Shame on me. :D :D :D
Could be, maybe they will take it and have it lowered, new wheels and tires, and a tune. That would be worth a ride, whatcha think?
________
XR75

1 - 10 of 10 Posts