Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GP do Canad谩 1988/ Canadian Grand Prix - 1988

Saw him WIN twice at the Canadian 馃嚚馃嚘 GRAND PRIX, will never forget it.
R.I.P. 馃悙 馃檹

This is a really great short Vid about him and how revered he was and has Lewis Hamilton driving Senna's old McLaren with 1200HP and a Manual Gearbox. 馃憡

His name continues on...affixed to the Best Car in the World.

Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
I've always admired him. There's a few specials out there on Netflix and such that I enjoy. Not a huge fan of the new Mclaren though.

Registered
Great video, thank you.
I didn't really watch F1 back in the 80's....pre PVR. A race here and there. Unfortunate, because the racing was epic. The past 5 years or so have been horrible in comparison.

Premium Member
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
I never got to see him race but did watch quite a few F1 races at Watkins Glen in the 70鈥檚 and early 80鈥檚. My father worked for Texaco and helped with the gasoline logistics for different race teams. I got to wander around the track or sit on the pit roof during practice and the races. Some of the drivers I saw included Mario Andretti, Niki Lauda, Emerson Fittapaldi, James Hunt, Jody Scheckter, Jacky Ickx and Graham Hill. I also had a chance to see the Elf Tyrell car with 4 front wheels race - very strange looking. I was a very lucky kid.

Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
I saw Senna win at Detroit in 1988. Wire to wire victory if I recall correctly. He was for sure the best of his era, arguably the GOAT. Podium pic from Detroit:
2392DBFA-608E-4364-8730-42ECF049614E.jpeg

After the race as we came down the stands, me and my 3 buddies slid under the railing and jumped down into the teams pit areas. Walked down pit lane checking out the cars and equipment. One of us took a drink from Senna鈥檚 winner champagne bottle that was on a table in their pit area, thought about stuffing Senna鈥檚 helmet in his duffle bag (but didn鈥檛). He did snag a lug nut as a memento.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts